DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 10" Polk Momo MM2104 SVC subs (4 ohm each), and a Punch 250.2 (4 ohm bridged) and an Alpine MRP-M500 (2 ohm mono), how do I wire them up so they all push the same power. I figure one sub to the Punch, and the other 2 the Alpine...but I was doing a quick read and I read that I may have differing ohms in the end product?

Also whats the best way to set the gain on both amps to make everything sound even?

Thanks alot!!!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Don't think you can do what you have outlined with the equipment you have.

About all you can do is like you said..1 sub to the punch since it's only stable to 4 ohms and parallel the other two to the Alpine since it's 2 ohm stable. You can forget about having them all getting the exact same power though.

I'd either add or drop a sub and just use one amp.

Either add a sub and wire them series/parallel to 4 ohms and use the Punch, or drop a sub and parallel the 2 subs to 2 ohms for the Alpine. That's the only ways you'll get them to all have the same power.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will it sound like crap? Would I notice a big difference?....should I start over lol....

.....my budget isn't too much and buying stuff online, has its issues with returns and whatnot....but thats the price of "friendly" advice (not from here), right?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
2 subs to 2 ohms on the Alpine \
>- Would work (not ideal)
1 sub to bridged Rockford /

I would just use 2 subs and 1 amp (I guess the Alpine) if I were you.

You might want to read Basic Car Audio Electronics to get an idea of how stuff works before you buy anything else.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Have you thought about selling the 3 10's and replacing them with 2 12's and just using the Alpine amp? Just a thought. That would help make up the difference of not using all 3 speakers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts