DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've seen a few posts suggesting you can run your mid-bass woofers from the rear H650 channels, which is what i'm planning on doing, and using the mid-bass amp's crossover for the low-pass filter, but each time that's mentioned on here it says that you wouldn't be able to run time correction from the H650 on the channels. why not? as the manual states the unit does a full 7-channel time alilgnment. anyone have any experience with this problem.

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
One problem I had though was that I couldn't figure out which outputs to use either. I absolutely HATE how Alpine does not make their outputs universal, and by that I mean that you could use any output in any manner you want. Rather, they prefer to give them labels such as front1, front2, rear, etc. What the heck does front2 mean to anyone? The manual also "suggests" using front2 and rear for your frontstage, which doesn't work. For anyone using a typical 3-way setup, you want to use front1 for the tweeters, front2 for the mids, and sub for the subwoofer.
Going by this it can't be done. Where have you seen that it can?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the manual states front 1 can be high-passed at 5khz which is fine for my tweets. front 2 can be band-passed for my mids from 200hz to 5khz, and the sub can be low-passed at 60hz. this obviously leaves a gap from 60-200hz and i don't see why the rear wouldn't fill that as i can run the 'rears' connected to my mid-bass running 60hz up. naturally i don't want them full-range though so i'd need to use the amp's crossover to stop them at 200hz.

i came across it being said the mid-bass wouldn't be time-aligned here:
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum.../56289-becoming-junkie-again-ruminate-me.html
and i've seen it in a few other locations on the forum as well

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
the manual states front 1 can be high-passed at 5khz which is fine for my tweets. front 2 can be band-passed for my mids from 200hz to 5khz, and the sub can be low-passed at 60hz. this obviously leaves a gap from 60-200hz and i don't see why the rear wouldn't fill that as i can run the 'rears' connected to my mid-bass running 60hz up. naturally i don't want them full-range though so i'd need to use the amp's crossover to stop them at 200hz.

i came across it being said the mid-bass wouldn't be time-aligned here:
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum.../56289-becoming-junkie-again-ruminate-me.html
and i've seen it in a few other locations on the forum as well
Well it doesn't leave a gap if you use it the way the manual states as a 2 way plus sub.

Front 2 (bandpassed using both below to the midbass)

LPF: 200 - 5k Hz @ -12 dB/oct;
HPF: 50 - 200 Hz @ -12 dB/oct

As for not being able to use the rear to get a 3 way plus sub. My guess is that Imprint does something special due to the location, some type of special processing that can't be integrated into the front of the stage.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i know what the manual suggests, but that only caters for 2-way when it wouls seem 3-way is possile.

the question still remains on why it's been said a few times that it won't do time alignment in this setup? i guess it could just be something odd about the proces that you suggested.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts