DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have narrowed it down to two 3-way component sets but i need help in chosing. No one around me has tgem so i can listen to them. The two sets are the focal 165as3 & tge ct sounds meso 3-way set. For tge price it is ct all day long but i dont mind spending a little more to get a lot better sound. Have any of you had experience with these sets? Which is better? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats just it. I have came across hundreds of reviews on each one and everyone says good things about both sets so how in the world is a person supposed to decide? Ive also heard great things about ct amps and subs

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Thats just it. I have came across hundreds of reviews on each one and everyone says good things about both sets so how in the world is a person supposed to decide? Ive also heard great things about ct amps and subs
Because most people think just the speakers sounding "clear" makes them sound excellent.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I cannot claim to know much about either one of those sets.

But, for the cost of those, I would seriously take a look at these instead:

PHD MF6.3 Three Way Kit - BNIB

Scroll to post #5 for the current amount. Absolutely phenomenal price for a set of speakers with that caliber of sound.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It has a 4" mid. I only have room for a 3.5" ive never heard of that brand. I stay away from stuff i havent heard of. Mark over at c.a.f. uses both ct and focal on several of his builds. He wouldnt use it if it wasnt good

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
It has a 4" mid. I only have room for a 3.5" ive never heard of that brand. I stay away from stuff i havent heard of. Mark over at c.a.f. uses both ct and focal on several of his builds. He wouldnt use it if it wasnt good
PhD is excellent stuff

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
And this is false. He's sponsored for a lot of the stuff

·
Registered
665 Posts
Mark over at c.a.f. uses both ct and focal on several of his builds. He wouldnt use it if it wasnt good[/QUOTE said:
UGH!

Mark has Fab skills, sponsored by those. Seems to me that you may be rather new. Side by side, PhD for sure. I am not saying that I advocate for PhD, I am pointing out that you are assuming that CT's are good because Mark says they are good......stop right there and do some research.

If you show up at a GTG sportin' CT's, don't be surprised to get a whole lota...Meh

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
UGH!

Mark has Fab skills, sponsored by those. Seems to me that you may be rather new. Side by side, PhD for sure. I am not saying that I advocate for PhD, I am pointing out that you are assuming that CT's are good because Mark says they are good......stop right there and do some research.

If you show up at a GTG sportin' CT's, don't be surprised to get a whole lota...Meh
Couldn't have said it better myself

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
267 Posts
Look at it like this...

Focal es165kx3 = hand made in France with extremely high quality and attention to detail by old world craftsmen to the highest standards after a lot of money was spent researching and developing the setup.

Ct sounds= ordered through a catalog of a Chinese build firm, ct logo and box used to make it appear to be quality and higher end engineering with a proprietary design but it is not!

You get what you pay for, especially when it comes to 3 way component speaker sets.

Take this as truth coming from a guy that tried to go cheap and ended up wasting a lot of time and money. In the end it would have been cheaper to just buy the quality from the start.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Get those PHD, sell the mid, buy another mid that fits.

You won't get a better set of speakers for that much. Even consider running GB25 If you have space constraint. They're a very capable 2.5".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Look at it like this...

Focal es165kx3 = hand made in France with extremely high quality and attention to detail by old world craftsmen to the highest standards after a lot of money was spent researching and developing the setup.

Ct sounds= ordered through a catalog of a Chinese build firm, ct logo and box used to make it appear to be quality and higher end engineering with a proprietary design but it is not!

You get what you pay for, especially when it comes to 3 way component speaker sets.

Take this as truth coming from a guy that tried to go cheap and ended up wasting a lot of time and money. In the end it would have been cheaper to just buy the quality from the start.
Dont forget the owner of ct is an idiot and says his 8s sound like 10s or 12s. How can you even say something like that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts