DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've finally got the power to run a good 3-way active setup and the head unit that I believe can do it (880PRS) with a little crossing over of the amps (I know the head unit is 3-way capable but not 4-way, so I figured I could high-pass the woofers and low-pass the subs from the amps and use the head unit crossover to low pass the woofers - sound about right?). So I'm looking at 'packaged' systems mainly because I don't want to experiment with different components just yet as I'm still learning a lot of this stuff. So these are what I'm looking at, tell me your opinions:

DLS UP36
Mmats Pro 651
Rainbow SLC 365

So those are the choices that I'm looking at, but I'm also thinking that since I'm going active (I hope) that I won't need the crossovers in those systems, so would it be beneficial to just buy woofers, mids, and tweeters from one company like HAT? I could almost get the Legatia mids and woofers for the same price as one of those component sets and just use my Morel tweeters until the budget allows for the tweeters.

My other question is where to mount the mids. Years ago, the best place to mount them was in the kick panels, but I've seen a couple of people on here say that's not a real good place to put them. I want to keep the inside of the car looking as stock as possible, and I'll be trading in about 2 years because I do a TON of miles a year. There's not enough room in the doors without making custom panels, and I have side curtain airbags that go down the A-pillar, so for safety's sake I can't put them there. So what are your thoughts?

Thanks so much for helping me out guys, I've already learned a ton of stuff from this site and I'm so excited to be learning and growing in car audio. It's so much fun!

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Which Morel tweeters do you currently have? You are definitely on the right path with that head unit and how you want to cross everything.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just have the Maximo comps right now, I know they're not the best out there, but they're certainly better than stock. I'd only need to use them for a month or so until the budget allows for getting the Legatia's if that's the way I decide to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts