DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently installed some new pioneer 3-way (60rms) speakers with a kenwood amplifier (60rms) and it works but those speakers are mostly playing bass i can only hear mids and highs if i really hear good enough close by, i suppose that's not normal, low pass filter isn't on, i think it has something to do with my radio (pioneer mvh-180ui) sound settings but i don't know what, if you think you know something i will gladly try!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Since the Pioneer deck only has a HPF, and you have 100% confirmed that your Kenwood amplifier does not have its LPF on, check the equalizer setting on your deck and turn it off or to "flat". Also make sure that Kenwood amplifier doesn't have a "bass boost" setting turned up.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Quick search shows a setting to change the RCAs from Subwoofer to full range speaker.

Make sure this is set correctly.
Correct setting should be rear/rear if using the RCAs for the speakers.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Thanks for the advice but i've done those things allready and my question is solved but thanks!
Maybe someone will have the same problem and benefit from what you found.

What was the problem?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
288 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
I have to change my settings to REAR/REAR if i use RCA for my speakers
Awesome!

That setting is a little strange, "Rear" probably isn't the best label for that, maybe "full" would be better / more inuitive.

Glad to help.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts