DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for some opinions on a 3 way setup:
Focal ES K165.3 K2 power
Audiofrog GB60, GB25/40, GB10
Gladeon 165.3 Aerospace

planning a setup in my new (old) car, the Honda element referenced in another thread.

don't have an easy way to audition any of these locally, so am looking for just general thoughts on these 3. price differences not important to me. probably running all off of a single multi channel amp (e.g. JL vxi 8 channel, Mosconi pico 8 channel, Helix V8 , Helix P Six, new Audison Forza, ARX PS8-50 or Blackbird, or similar dsp amp.

anyone used or heard any combination of these? pros / cons? things i should think about when deciding?

will add a sub as well.

some good deals to be had and i think this is the good time to pull the trigger and start moving forward on an install.

cheers mates!

-v

Super Moderator
What is your Speaker Budget?

I'd add Morel to your list:

or better yet these:

Reactions: vactor

Registered
2018 Honda Accord EXL 2.0 GB 3way doors GB40/10 centre Helix M4dsp/M6 Sundown salt MMats + more
I have the GB 3way with the GB25. And GB 2way centre with the GB40. I like them and I'm content for now. GB60s were having issues playing down to 80hz in my doors on 200RMS though. After a lil tuning with the Auto tuning feature that the Helix has it was able to tame the GB60s and now they play down to 80hz and actually sound really good. The 40 vs 25. The 40 is a beast loud and clean down to 110hz with a 36db slope. It's tuned down like 6db vs the 25 so my centre doesn't over power my doors. They are good. But the Galden look very nice as well, I have no personal experience with anything but the GBs, and I've only heard the Thesis line once and in my opinion are alot nicer that the GBs. Maybe some one with first hand experience with the gladens can chime in.

Registered
People on this forum say a lot of good things about the Audiofrog 3 way approach, and I have no reason not to believe them, some guys on here are well into the $10,000+ range and they run that series of speaker. So you can bet if you invest that much into your setup, it鈥檚 been done with careful considerations.
I on the other hand went with the focal k2 power series but I didn鈥檛 get the kx3 set, instead I got the kx2 2 way set and the es100 set which I鈥檓 using as the midrange. So I have a 6.5 in the door and on each A pillar I have the 4鈥 and the tkmx tweeter from the kx2 set. A lot of people say that tweeter is 鈥渂right鈥. And they鈥檇 be right about that, but that鈥檚 what I like and with the dsp you can tweak that. They鈥檙e loud, have great power handling, and super crisp.

Reactions: MythosDreamLab

Registered
2014 VW CC Sport
Gladen aerospace for the win. Check out their reviews and tests done by Erin H. They are definitely a step above the others you listed.

Super Moderator
Gladen aerospace for the win. Check out their reviews and tests done by Erin H. They are definitely a step above the others you listed.

I know nothing of the Gladden tweeter, but both links are to 7 year old threads, now they still may be applicable, but I can't help thinking the competition (and even Gladden Tweeters) may have improved (or changed) during that time span. I certainly wouldn't be looking at 7 year old automotive reviews, when considering cars...

Any newer tests?

Registered
2014 VW CC Sport
I know nothing of the Gladden tweeter, but both links are to 7 year old threads, now they still may be applicable, but I can't help thinking the competition (and even Gladden Tweeters) may have improved (or changed) during that time span. I certainly wouldn't be looking at 7 year old automotive reviews, when considering cars...

Any newer tests?
not that I鈥檓 aware of but from what forum members Have said they are still top notch.

Registered
looking for some opinions on a 3 way setup:
Focal ES K165.3 K2 power
Audiofrog GB60, GB25/40, GB10
Gladeon 165.3 Aerospace

planning a setup in my new (old) car, the Honda element referenced in another thread.

don't have an easy way to audition any of these locally, so am looking for just general thoughts on these 3. price differences not important to me. probably running all off of a single multi channel amp (e.g. JL vxi 8 channel, Mosconi pico 8 channel, Helix V8 , Helix P Six, new Audison Forza, ARX PS8-50 or Blackbird, or similar dsp amp.

anyone used or heard any combination of these? pros / cons? things i should think about when deciding?

will add a sub as well.

some good deals to be had and i think this is the good time to pull the trigger and start moving forward on an install.

cheers mates!

-v

I'm gonna have to side with Nick on this one. :p Out of those 3 choices I would definitely go with the Gladen Aerospace. I've used/tuned them all as well. Of course, they will be the most expensive as well, sorry.

I wish Honda still made the Element.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm gonna have to side with Nick on this one. :p Out of those 3 choices I would definitely go with the Gladen Aerospace. I've used/tuned them all as well. Of course, they will be the most expensive as well, sorry.

I wish Honda still made the Element.
dang it! lol
yeah, if they made a modern element ...
i did not think i would love this thing as much as i do. my other car is a civic type R and it now mostly sits in the garage. it's so goofy and so FUN to drive the element!!

Super Moderator
dang it! lol
yeah, if they made a modern element ...
i did not think i would love this thing as much as i do. my other car is a civic type R and it now mostly sits in the garage. it's so goofy and so FUN to drive the element!!
I have a 2019 Honda Passport and love it, it's the 4th Honda I've owned (78 Accord Hatchback, 1984 Prelude, 1995 Accord EX) and it is perfectly suited for stereo upgrades...!

Vendor
I thought I read that the Gladen Aerospace tweeters were awesome but the woofers, not so much?
Not in my experience. I actually tuned a set yesterday. Good stuff.

Reactions: 619Tundra
1 - 20 of 28 Posts