DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running into an issue with kick-panel space (6'3" with a 5 speed) in my 2000 Honda Accord. I don't think there will be enough room to squeeze in a 4" and 1" in a pod...

which leads me towards going with a small mid. I have a space on both front doors that would fit an approx. 3" mid and tweet pod. Pic below.

I see there are a few available from Pioneer (Stage 4) and Focal but they are out of my reach financially.

I have thought about going with the A-pillars too. Input anyone?

** Sorry about the crude drawing :laugh: **

Attachments

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Trinity! (or Tang Band, Fountek, etc)

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Your kicks are not the too bad. When you look at something like the large 6-1/2" Q-form for example:

They don't take up a lot of space. They also make a smaller, less deep version for 5 1/4" drivers.

You could always do a stealth install as well:
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/diyma-member-build-logs/13870-best-kickpanels-i-have-seen-very-long-time.html

But, maybe with your long legs and I assume large feet you don't want anything down there?

A very nice combo for the doors or pillars would be:

Scan-Speak Discovery 10F midrangeSolen Electronique Inc.
Scan-Speak Discovery 10F/4424G, 4" Midrange 4 ohm: Madisound Speaker Store

Scan-Speak Illuminator D2004/6020-00 TweetersSolen Electronique Inc.
ScanSpeak Illuminator D2004/6020-00 tweeter: Madisound Speaker Store

So at about $430 If the above are too much then...maybe the Tang Band W3-1364SA 3" Bamboo and the Vifa NE19VTS-04 3/4" Silk Dome Tweeter at about $146 from partsexpress.com will work.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys (and gals)

Thanks for the great input! I especially like the stealth kick pods! I'm afraid I'd stick my size 13's straight through the woofer on the first emergency stop! :laugh:

I think both of those examples are in automatics though??

I will look into the Tag Band too, but $400-500'ish isn't too bad. I'm in the process of selling off gear to make things happen. :)

Any other thoughts??

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
You may also look into Hertz or Audison, they both offer a 3''

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looking at the response graph of the Trinity, it appears that even though it starts to drop off at the top end, it looks fairly flat. Without hearing it, I'll reserve judgement until they're in :)

I do have a new pair of Diamond Audio m6 series tweets that can add if needed.

I spoke at length with Mark of H Audio... And decided to go with and ordered a Trinity/ebony combo.

Next step is laying out the amplifier arrangement... New thread!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts