DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, few noob question here, hope you all can help.
currently i'm running component speaker at front, another Mid bass at rear, two 12" sub woofer at the trunk. one four channel amp bi-amp the component speaker at front, one two channel amp for mid bass at rear.

the two channel is received the signal from four channel amp. which mean Mid range at front is sharing signal with the mid bass at the rear.

Now i'm already bought Alpine 9887,
i'm plan to do 3 way by taking off the passive crossover at front. by connecting the four channel amp to 9887, which mean the four channel taking control of tweeter and mid range. but also the mid bass at rear.

here is the question, is the correct way to do so? is it will effect the TA for overall, since midrange and mid bass sharing the same signal, but there different distant. or is there any ways to make it better?

crossover range will be the same for mid bass and mid range.
by using the component speaker at the front, i'm hardly to know the actual frequency response for the midrange only, as it's stated that the frequency response is from 35Hz to 30kHz in user manual.

is the crossover will make any different for up front bass? currently the sub woofer is on 40hz 18db

sorry for so many question.. already spend few night to read tho some guide in this forum. but still confuse in some point.

Thank
kbsao

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have same radio. That config you suggest will not help with the pathlegnth differences btw the front mid and the rear midwoofer.

Best bet is to use the subwoofer and midwoofer on the same line (subwoofer). Cross it at the desired low pass for the mid-woofer, and utilize a crossover onboard the midwoofer amp for the high pass. In addition, for the subwoofer, you will just need to add a low-pass to the subwoofer. There will be a summation with the subwoofer crossover, which may affect things, but i don't think it should impact the subwoofer frequencies too much.

Then, you could have the tweeter RCA separate, and the midrange separate under the bandpass crossover.

Having greater control over the midrange and up, i believe, is much more important than having the midbass and subwoofer. In addition, as the midwoofer and subwoofer are most likely located in the rear, having them on the same line would make T/A possible, and the difference in path legnths for the subwoofer and midwoofer are likely to be minimal (but not perfect.

hope this helps...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.