DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
276 Posts
I have never heard any Audiofrog product but I can say I really, really liked the Focal K2s minus the tweeters...just too bright for my old ears.

· Registered
395 Posts
I find these questions comical. Everyone has their own taste and preference on what they like. there is nobody that can answer these questions for someone else.
What kind are you looking for? you are comparing 2 totally different types of speakers/ signatures.
Focal is going to be brighter than the GB. Focal uses a metal tweeter where AF uses a soft dome style. You are looking at apples and oranges with these 2 brands IMO.
They are both great options. if you want a warmer smoother sound, Id say AF. I don't have experience with AF but i do have experience with the Focal Flax line.

Also, what do you expect for midbass? Focal is lacking in midbass in my opinion and experience, I would think AF would be better. Another thing is it's really a gamble to buy speakers off someones suggestion and not being able to hear them in person.
If you can't experience them first hand, Its hard to to suggest buying something. it's always best to listen to speakers before you buy them. You don't typically go buy clothes, shoes, etc without trying them on; this should be even more important to be able to hear them and get your own thoughts. Just my 2 cents.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.