DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in the fall I stepped up my front stage to Audiofrog GB60's and GB15's and really like my investment. The Gb15's are in the dash location and image in the middle of the windshield nicely.
From day one I have wanted to do a 3 way. The question is, what would the drawbacks be if I used the factory dash locations for a set of GB25's and Toyota factory JBL A-pillars for a set of GB10's? I know in a perfect world you want point source but I would like to stay as stealth as possible.
Btw I am running full active with Jl vx amp,

· Registered
1,902 Posts
that would be a good setup.. the camry locations have them in the back dash corners firing up at the windshield.. they are so close to the windshield it will reflect off the glass.. and the GB25 is so small it would be below beaming anyways.. I think it is an excellent idea - there are people who take their dash out and cut holes in it to put there midrange there. I would take advantage of the location, its a good one. I cannot think of alot of drawbacks.. all car audio is a compromise, but there are less drawbacks in that location than alot of others.

· Super Moderator
2,623 Posts
If I'm understanding your post:
You have the GB60's in your doors, and want to put GB25's where the GB15's are and then add GB10's to your A-Pillars. That's a great set-up...

If your JL VXi Amp 6 or 8 channel, you should be fine..

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was hoping the GB25’s would drop in with out much fuss, at one point I had the GS25 in the dash but after Cmans comment I am kinda worried.
I am using a Vx700/5i but plan on picking up an audiocontrol ACM 300.4 and power the GB60’s with 150 watts. Those GB60’s feel like they need the extra power.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.