DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
IIRC this was posted before. I don't recall any reviews on them, though. If it works fine, that's hell of a deal. I really like how it has L/R level control.

·
Registered
454 Posts
hmmmm at $50 i could have one for mids and one for tweets and keep all the crossover and T/A functions on the radio. Tempting very tempting

·
Registered
12,569 Posts
:eek:

Frequency Adjustments:
Center Frequencies

Band 1: 25Hz
Band 2: 31.5Hz
Band 3: 40Hz
Band 4: 50Hz
Band 5: 63Hz
Band 6: 80Hz
Band 7: 100Hz
Band 8: 126Hz
Band 9: 156Hz
Band 10: 200Hz

Band 11: 250Hz
Band 12: 320Hz
Band 13: 400Hz
Band 14: 500Hz
Band 15: 635Hz
Band 16: 800Hz
Band 17: 1 KHz
Band 18: 1.27 KHz
Band 19: 1.6 KHz
Band 20: 2 KHz

Band 21: 2.5Hz
Band 22: 3.2Hz
Band 23: 4 KHz
Band 24: 5 KHz
Band 25: 6.4 KHz
Band 26: 8 KHz
Band 27: 10 KHz
Band 28: 12.8 KHz
Band 29: 16 KHz
Band 30: 20 KHz

·
Registered
420 Posts
Looks like a real hot deal thanks for posting. Anyone know if it will take balanced input? Manual?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Balanced? HA! Not at that price.

I bought a pair for ****s and giggles btw. We'll give em a try.

·
Tuning is everything.
2,761 Posts
I asked if they work, and if they require any assembly. This is the answer I got.

"Thy work, but they have no cases so you would need to fabricate a case. As they never went through final assembly or testing we cant guarantee anything, so there is risk involved.
Jake"

·
Registered
675 Posts
I'm ok with no cases (they're in a frame of sorts from the pics anyways) I would imagine they work though...if not..pretty paperweights....

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm ok with no cases (they're in a frame of sorts from the pics anyways) I would imagine they work though...if not..pretty paperweights....
They might just be paperweights if you hook to power according to the end plate picture. The REMOTE and GROUND connection are reversed, :eek:(at least from every other component I've ever seen) make sure you do a continuity test on the board or connectors before putting power to it. Maybe this is why they never made it thru production

·
Registered
126 Posts
I actually have a pair of these from when they were posted on here a while back.
And for the price I really like them for the most part...
The independent phase and level adjustment are sweet.
But unfortunately I got some background noise when I was using them.
When the eq is on (there is a switch for it) and the volume was all the way down it was kind of annoying.
But at decent listening levels it is not noticeable.

So I would say be prepared for the noise floor to raise a bit in your car if you use these, but most people would probably not be bothered by it.
Especially for the price.

Personally I took them both back out and replaced them with an AUDIOCONTROL DQS.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Oh, and on mine none of the leds mounted by the eq knobs do anything...
I am not sure if I did something wrong but I never saw any of them light up.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ive had mine for a few weeks now.

But like all my equipment, its not installed yet.

Its just the board with two end plates attached only by wire. I thought it was mounted on a plate at least, just missing to cover. Theres NO cover... Just a heads up!

·
Registered
132 Posts
There was a post about these or something very similar to them a good while back. May want to try searching for the old thread.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I bought one this morning, now to find a place to mount it.

·
Registered
365 Posts
My EQ arrived today. It's smaller than I expected, but I checked the dimensions in the listing and they're correct. This will be easier to hide than I figured. Another thing is that these (or at lease the one I received) were actually mounted in cases at some point.THe end plates have screw marks on them, and the double sided tape on the strip for the clipping indicators has been used.

I just wonder why they were removed from the cases. Maybe they needed the cases for something else, or maybe there's a reason they didn't want these out the door with the Cadence name on them.

Either way, it's a nice looking piece of equipment, and the service was quick. I'm happy for my $25.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts