DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I just joined. I lurk here alot, but today I finally registered.

So anyways, I am planning out my system for my car and I know my deck, etc. I am just having trouble figuring out my amp.

My plan is to run 2 channels to my front speakers, and two bridged for my sub. I will be running a ported/tuned 10 so 200 watts RMS 4ohms for my sub is perfect.

I love the look of Soundstream's new version Reference amps.. but I want to know what else there is out there. What could compare to a Reference 400.4 in terms of price, SQ, and importantly power?

I would link to the reference series website with specs, but I am too noobie. lol

I also am a very neat person, so I would like to add on another amp later of the same series (whatever it is) for a 12. So it would need to be mono.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Am using a 4503IQ at "satellite" mode (80hz and above) but it also has a bi-amp mode which makes the front 80hz and above while the rear are 80hz and below, or third option would be full range (have to use passive crossovers for speakers or go active before amp). But this is consider an old school amp, dont know if you want something new/newer.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
I am thinking of buying a PPI P900.4 Class D for myself. It has lots of power, good price, and the efficiency of a Class D amplifier.

·
Super Moderator
5,229 Posts
The one problem I ran into with the 4-channel amp for sub(s) is you get no subsonic filter. although it is not always necessary.

For $300 you should be able to get a 5-channel or get 2 amps, with one being class D and having subsonic filter.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I am thinking of buying a PPI P900.4 Class D for myself. It has lots of power, good price, and the efficiency of a Class D amplifier.
this is a really good deal. was also looking at this. cheap. good power. good review from pasmag.

eventually ended up with a class AB focal amp though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts