DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
so 12cm will be better sound quality for not to hear port noise? Is the direction of L will look to subwoofer or somewhere else?
Yes, the larger the diameter the lower the port velocity but the longer the port becomes...
12cm = 50cm long

Direction of the L does not matter.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
these specs are also given from the producer? Vent (port) size? Any specs for the vent? Mostly they are sold plastic... how can i do it exactly as i want? easiest way?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
is there any vent spec importance? plastic? cheap expensive brand selfmade? What is the best for custom made easiest cheapest best way?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Yes, the larger the diameter the lower the port velocity but the longer the port becomes...
12cm = 50cm long

Direction of the L does not matter.
12cm 50cm i will hear lower than 36hz? I guess i may have also space for 50cm. But this may not be shape of L. Does this matter or just the length is important? This L shape must be in the sub box? Can not be outside of the box? That would look weird :)

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
is there any vent spec importance? plastic? cheap expensive brand selfmade? What is the best for custom made easiest cheapest best way?
PVC is the easiest to work with and the most affordable - if you go with those prefab Aeroports on the internet they can help port noise some but any solid pipe will work. Focal recommends 130 sqcm and that comes out to 13cm diameter pipe which = 58.6cm long

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
12cm 50cm i will hear lower than 36hz? I guess i may have also space for 50cm. But this may not be shape of L. Does this matter or just the length is important? This L shape must be in the sub box? Can not be outside of the box? That would look weird :)
Can be outside the box - anything longer than 50cm is going to start to take up too much box volume on the inside.

YES - All of the port can be outside the box and in the trunk sometimes this is a valid method to save enclosure volume and get the length you need.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
No - not lower - same tuning point.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Box volume is 45liters plus the port or 45 liters is including the port? If excluding iwe have to add the port volume to 45liters? What is the liter of focal recomendation130sqcm 58cm?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Box volume is 45liters plus the port or 45 liters is including the port? If excluding iwe have to add the port volume to 45liters? What is the liter of focal recomendation130sqcm 58cm?
Focal says 45 Liters gross so that means before the Port or Sub is added. Personally I would recommend 45 Liters net and use 2 L for the Sub and 7 L for the port if you're going to do 130 sqcm x 58 cm so the gross would need to be about 54 Liters before adding the Sub and Port. Cause if you do 45 Liters gross and then take out 9 L for the Sub and Port it raises the box tuning and you want to go as low as possible in the space you have. If you go too big you can always add a wood block or brick inside the box to take up more space if you need to but you can't add more airspace very easily. And the larger the box the better the 33WX2 will behave (to a certain point.)

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
In reality, you will be good with 10 cm (4") port. Take a look at DLS aeroport endings...they are very cheap, under 20Eur per pair and they fit to standard 10 cm PVC drain pipe. So a bit less complications with port lenght.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
In reality, you will be good with 10 cm (4") port. Take a look at DLS aeroport endings...they are very cheap, under 20Eur per pair and they fit to standard 10 cm PVC drain pipe. So a bit less complications with port lenght.
what should be the lenght of the pipe for 10sqcm? any frequency change? Why there are different vent types ? which one is better or lower frequency or the speed of the subwoofer? I like more punctual subwoofer i dont like the subwoofer is slow and loooong beating.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
when i compared jl 10w7 to 33wx: 10w7 is much better than 33wx on Winisd software. it is smaller size means it is faster than 33wx (more performance responsive) bigger diameter subs are stronger but they are slowerer than small diameters right? (responses? )

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
how can i see on comparision the responses of the subwoofers? and the db? I like very strong bass but not slow and looong. it should be short as possible very exact controlled

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
what should be the lenght of the pipe for 10sqcm? any frequency change? Why there are different vent types ? which one is better or lower frequency or the speed of the subwoofer? I like more punctual subwoofer i dont like the subwoofer is slow and loooong beating.
you are mixing up terms...4" diameter and 10sqcm port area which are totally different values. Check manufacturers suggestions for ported enclosure and build it to those specs would be one of the options...

Maybe you should start with sealed enclosure based on your expectations and educate yourself a bit on designing ported enclosures. It would help you if you would at least read about basics so you are familiar with terms and some technical know how/why stuff.....
Designing custom enclosure in software is one thing, understanding enclosure behaviour in a car with its specific transfer function, impact of enclosure orientation and implementatiion of x-overs is another thing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
you are mixing up terms...4" diameter and 10sqcm port area which are totally different values. Check manufacturers suggestions for ported enclosure and build it to those specs would be one of the options...

Maybe you should start with sealed enclosure based on your expectations and educate yourself a bit on designing ported enclosures. It would help you if you would at least read about basics so you are familiar with terms and some technical know how/why stuff.....
Designing custom enclosure in software is one thing, understanding enclosure behaviour in a car with its specific transfer function, impact of enclosure orientation and implementatiion of x-overs is another thing.
if i were able to to find out these things my self i would not be here. I have this system since 2017 and spent in total over 30k Euro. I know and i am sure i wont be happy anywhere i go in turkey they wont be able to do good job but they will charge me again too much. I want to learn here and do myself. if you speak these things with most professional audio shop they may look at you like a cow. i am so much regret that i must deal with these people. I wish i could bring the car to europe for a known installator and let them do everything depending on my taste. Focus should not be just get the money out of my pocket. if i pay for something it should work and i must be happy. it is a very long story i am sorry. If you dont want you dont need to answer. I know how less knowladge i have but i am not stupid i may learn within a day or in 10 years.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
on focal webpage vent dimensions are given but it is different than winlsd. 45 liters is 10cm by 25cm depth but winlsd is saying 10cm by 65cm. To install 65cm is almost impossible

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Another question.... If i put 2 subwoofer in same box? What is the defference to use them seperate boxes or one box? If only in one box how the vent should be? Focal did not give any official measurement :(

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Another question.... If i put 2 subwoofer in same box? What is the defference to use them seperate boxes or one box? If only in one box how the vent should be? Focal did not give any official measurement :(
You double the box size and double the port (either quantity or go up in size to double the surface area) but the length does come down some due to the bigger box (if you use a combined airspace.)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: sekox
21 - 39 of 39 Posts