DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there are a few "which 4 channel amps/which 4 channel class d amps?" threads right now, but my greatest priority is size, power and quality.

hoping to save some time going through the dimension specs of every amp out there, are there any 4 channel amps known to be particularly small and short? The PPI P900.4 is in the lead for me at 6.5"w x x 9.25" l x 2"h .

2 inches tall is my max. Anything smaller than the PPI depth and width wise would be excellent. 75x4 @ 4 ohms would be fine. Class A/B or D, but I definitely appreciate current draw efficiency in a mobile environment. This will be under the passenger seat of a '08 Subaru Outback and will be powering an active 2-way front stage off of an Alpline 9887, so no fancy crossovers or other processing is necessary. Cheaper is better, but I don't want junky build quality or poor performance and am willing to pay for it (looking for the sweetspot...no elite stuff).

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
I was in a similar boat. Was looking hard at the jl hd's and ppi phantoms. Cost wise, ppI was the obvious choice, but I really wanted the hd's. Lol
As luck would have it, found a Hell Of a deal on a set of little eclipse class D's. I wouldn't hesitate to go with the ppI's, the have good specs, small size, good efficiency, etc...

·
Registered
114 Posts
An ADS PQ10 is very small, sounds excellent, is very cheap, and it makes decent power. Its underrated at 40x4(RMS) at 4ohm. I have no problem pushing four 6.5" Focal Access speakers to 100dB and still playing 100% clean and crisp without distortion. If you need louder than that...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts