DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The PowerBass Xtreme XAX-4160FD that I ordered (from Sonic) is not is stock, and now I have the option to choose another amp. I want at least 100w @4 Ohms, and a small size.

I have thought about the MA D 800.4 (small and 120 watts), but I can't find any reviews on it. I had thought about the NX4, but I can find reviews on that, and I don't like 'em.

The retail on the PB is $199 (at sonic), so I'd like to know what options there are that don't cost too much more. I'm thinking up to $300 since I should be able to get them to come down on price for whatever I choose.

What else is good?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the JL put out more than rated? It's rated at 75 watts, and I am kinda wanting more than that.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I have been looking for an amp in the same range.

Diamond has a d6 model that is 115x4 rms, for around $200, I have been considering. I have never had a diamond product before though.

What dimensions are the pg amp?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I saw that list in another thread - very usefull. I ended up going with the PPI P900.4. I'm looking forward to getting it installed to see what it can do.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I have some I like, like the diamond, kenwood excelon, and pg to name a few just no experience with them. I am running a rainbow Ipaul 4 ch now but I need to add another. The rainbow is to big in size to fit. Eventually I want to get another rainbow but ii want something smaller and cheaper to use until I can save some money and rebuild my amp rack.

The diamond and the pg are my favorites on paper.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have been looking for an amp in the same range.

Diamond has a d6 model that is 115x4 rms, for around $200, I have been considering. I have never had a diamond product before though.

What dimensions are the pg amp?
Its 18.25 x10. 5 x2.5 weekend perfectly,, and has a nice crossover area

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
475 Posts
I have to measure my opening but if it fits I may have found an amp. I have a pxa700 but I may use the crossovers in the amp too. I am running rainbow 2 ways currently. I am adding 8s in the doors this weekend. I am either going to add a center channel or something like cdt's up stage tweeters. So I could use the rainbow amp,90x4 rms, to run the tweets and the pg for the mids.

$120 is very good for a pg with 115x4.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I got an infinity 4ch from a friend. The price was right. I will post up and give my thoughts after I get it installed. I need to decide if it will run the tweets/midrange or midbass.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts