DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I have a NVX VAD11005, it is a 5 Channel Amplifier. I was setting the gains the the speaker outputs with a Digital Multi-meter. I was setting the gain for the Front Channels, I was first doing the Front Left out puts, I set the voltage to 15.00 watts, I check the Front Rights and they are at 13.00 Volts, and for the Rears the voltage was higher in the Right. For this amplifier you can only set the gains for the front and the rear Channels not each individual speaker channel.

Is this normal? or do I just have a cheap amp and they mostly like that? Or maybe my RC cables are just sending different single voltages?

·
Registered
8,482 Posts
What head unit are you using? Your RCA's are likely sending different leveled signals. Do you have any balance, or position settings set in your head unit?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2016 Honda Civic and I am using the stock head unit and LOCs and I have everything evenly balanced on the settings

·
Registered
69 Posts
Are the LOC’s adjustable? They could be causing the difference in channels. Try switching your left and right RCA’s testing the voltage again.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Before you change the gains on the LOC try switching the RCA cables. If the wattage output on your amp changes sides then it’s something before the amp. If it does not change then it’s something internal inside the amp.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Verify that the input is the same when checking the voltage out. Either use the same rca from the HU or use another known good source or generator.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I check the voltage out puts of the RCA cable from the head unit
I used a digital multi-meter and a 1,000 hz test tone and this is what I got:

1.94 Volts - Front Right
2.01 Volts - Front Left
a 0.06 difference

2.33 Volts - Rear Right
2.30 Volts - Rear Left
a 0.03 Difference

I am guessing this is an Amplifier issue...........

·
Registered
69 Posts
Test the front amp channel output. If you take the left front rca and swap it with the right front rca does the voltage output from the amp change sides or does it stay on the same channel?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I switched the RCA inputs around and the voltage for the rights and left was still way off so it has to be the amp....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts