DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy!
I'm thinking on getting 2 components and already have an IDQ10 V4 D4 for my sound system. One of the local shop owners who used to be one of the 5 Memphis official distributers in Mexico back in '06 is doing the install. He's recommending me to get NXS components, but i have never heard of them in this forum. He tell's me they're manufactured in the same place as Memphis does their's.

Should I trust the guy, he's also telling me I should put resin to improve the resonance on the woofer box, any good??

Otherwise I can get a pair of brand new ctx65 CS for $ 150.00 or the Idq65 CS slimfor $ 400.00. Is there a real difference other than the size?

I'm thinking of getting an audison bit ten or bit ten D. Would it be well worth the while without changing the HU? I know of Encore's upcoming launch so I'm gonna get some love from them ASAP and change the front speakers I get (Could just get the CTX65 in this case) for some higher quality from Eric.

All this is gonna be powered by either an MB QUART oa1100.5 which is being sold to me for $ $ 450 or I could buy an used up Audison Sr1 for the bass for $ 190 and get a 4 channel amp for the components. If I choose the second I don't know if i will be able to access the spare :worried:

Appreciate your help!

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have two options: going for the idq65 cs with a 5 channel amp 90x4 @ 4d + 500x1 @ 2d supposedly this amp has cea-2006-b compliance.
The other option is going with id ctx65 cs with a hertz hcp4 powering it and a hcp1d powering the sub. Second option is more expensive but allows me to make more modifications on the long run. Might be unviable due to space restrictions.

· Registered
11,355 Posts
The top end NVX comps are made by SB Accoustic, and would be a VERY nice set of speakers to use.

The lower end lines i don't know anything about, but saying they are made at the same place memphis is made is not really saying anything.

· Registered
11,355 Posts
Well, the thing is I didn't make a typo... He's not selling NVX. He's selling nxs components. Never heard of them. There are about 4 pages online about them and I'm getting skeptical.
Woops, sorry i think the typo was in my brain, i read NVX even though you clearly typed NXS.:D

So these?
NXPL-6C | LKS

They look like decent quality speakers, but i can understand the skepticism since there is little info out there about them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.