DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
321 - 340 of 418 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Thanks for the hard work and sheer mental torture that this must be for all involved. I'm anxious to hear your thoughts, and only wish I could be there to hear for myself. Nice selection of drivers too - and thanks to all who contributed.

I wish I could have waited for the results before replacing my poor broken 12m, but I'm very pleased with my system now and there is no way in the world that I'd take the time to build another friggin enclosure for a new midrange anyhow lol... burned out on building! On the other hand, this will be very helpful for a lot of individuals and is an admirable undertaking.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
This shit is driving me crazy. A group of people take on a monumental, and frankly relatively impossible task, and the majority of complaining revolves around "oh I wish you would test this particular speaker as well".

The testers are testing a VERY large sample of 3-4" midranges. If a speaker didn't make it into the test group, live with it, and stop moping.

Nothing like something like this to show how ungrateful, and unappreciative people are of other people's hard work.

·
Banned
2,535 Posts
This shit is driving me crazy. A group of people take on a monumental, and frankly relatively impossible task, and the majority of complaining revolves around "oh I wish you would test this particular speaker as well".

The testers are testing a VERY large sample of 3-4" midranges. If a speaker didn't make it into the test group, live with it, and stop moping.

Nothing like something like this to show how ungrateful, and unappreciative people are of other people's hard work.

x2

I agree if your speaker didn't make it into the group for testing. oh well.

I had a few speakers I could have sent but never got around to asking if they needed them now I see they are not in the group.

My loss...

We await the testing results. :)

·
18,499 Posts

which is why a lot of people gave up posting their thoughts on tests a long time ago.

announcing it = setting yourself up for BS

·
Registered
929 Posts
I say shut the thread down and make the f#$ers wait. I am grateful for whatever is being tested and the results. If yours did not make it in tooo bad. And saying that you are patiently waiting does not mean that you are being patient. ;) If you wanna test some speaker start your own, this man was very kind to do this.

·
Registered
201 Posts
And saying that you are patiently waiting does not mean that you are being patient. ;)
Agreed. I shit out $40 for return shipping for this cause and I am just sitting back and letting the results come in when they do. This is hard, people.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #335
I will let you guys know all results are in and being compiled as we speak (or as I type). I will need at least 3-4 day to write everything up. The results will be very interesting, some definite surprises!

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
No rush...take your time Neibur. Testing speakers, especially in volume like this is no easy task and consumes alot of ones time. I tested a bunch of wideband/fullrange drivers a little while back so I know first hand that theres alot of time and effort involved. But it also is very rewarding for other memembers of diyma. I think the tests I did helped quite a few people to find a quality pair of drivers, or at the very least experiment with widebanders in their vehicle.
Thanks for your work and contribution to the DIY community and thank you also to those who supported this effort by supplying drivers for testing and funds for shipping, etc.

I look forward to reading your thoughts on this group after you're finished up :)
Let me know if I can be of any assistance to you.

-Steve

·
Registered
18 Posts
No rush...take your time Neibur. Testing speakers, especially in volume like this is no easy task and consumes alot of ones time. I tested a bunch of wideband/fullrange drivers a little while back so I know first hand that theres alot of time and effort involved. But it also is very rewarding for other memembers of diyma. I think the tests I did helped quite a few people to find a quality pair of drivers, or at the very least experiment with widebanders in their vehicle.
Thanks for your work and contribution to the DIY community and thank you also to those who supported this effort by supplying drivers for testing and funds for shipping, etc.

I look forward to reading your thoughts on this group after you're finished up :)
Let me know if I can be of any assistance to you.

-Steve
Amen brother, patience is a virtue.

·
Registered
754 Posts
This will be a very interesting read. I do plan to step up to a 4-way system, and have heard several of the speakers on the list of those being tested. I have also had interest in some of those I haven't heard on the list, so seeing comparison results will be neat. :)

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #340
Ok, update:

The test results (20 pages worth) are being proof read and results will be available on Tues or Wed. I would like to start sending back speakers tonight and tomorrow. If anyone is willing to donate to cover return shipping charges (thanks to all that have already), please send what you can ASAP to [email protected].

Thanks again!

321 - 340 of 418 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.