DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any out there? So far I see the LGK 2.0 and that looks good. I wanted to ask because no one replied to my other thread about crossing the cdt to 400hz.
Sure there has to be a way to cut power at lower hz. If I blow anything it's on me and I get to buy more speakers馃槂

Registered
I am running a pair of wideband Blam LFR80s and am more than happy with them (crossed over at 400hz 24LR as well).

Reactions: LowBassSubs

Registered
2004 Rav4 (2)JL900/5 MiniDsp 8x12(Dirac) LPG26NA GS25 Epique180-44 (2)Um12
Are there any out there? So far I see the LGK 2.0 and that looks good. I wanted to ask because no one replied to my other thread about crossing the cdt to 400hz.
Sure there has to be a way to cut power at lower hz. If I blow anything it's on me and I get to buy more speakers馃槂
What鈥檚 the specific need for 400hz?

Registered
Vauxhall/Opel Astra K 1.4 Turbo '16
Thanks, thinking of pulling the trigger on them as a wide band or maybe getting cheaper (entry level) morel components.

Registered
Thanks, thinking of pulling the trigger on them as a wide band or maybe getting cheaper (entry level) morel components.
I went through the morel GS25 discussion on here two years ago and the frogs won hands down. I鈥檓 not a super loud listener but at 200hz they鈥檝e always performed without complaint.

Registered
I鈥檝e been thinking hard about those for a build in a Honda Pilot I鈥檓 going to be getting this year. Any complaints ?
I have them firing up towards the windshield. This orientation seems to raise the frequency curve above 16khz. I used my DSP to tame them slightly. It鈥檚 an amazing driver, I don鈥檛 think I will replace them in this car.

Registered
I have them firing up towards the windshield. This orientation seems to raise the frequency curve above 16khz. I used my DSP to tame them slightly. It鈥檚 an amazing driver, I don鈥檛 think I will replace them in this car.
I tend to steer towards raw drivers but the gs25鈥檚 are just too good and versatile while being in a small form factor.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for all the replies. I did not think there are this many choices out there.

Audible Physics Ram3C, I have them crossed at 300hz for the past year.
Those look like what I need. Do they get loud? Are they bright?

What鈥檚 the specific need for 400hz?
I want to hear them windows down on the highway. Crystal clear. Also I am looking for more warmth lower: vocal range, horns, strings and percussion out of my dash setup.

The told me as low as 250 for the U8.

These are 2" however...OP asked about 3". HAT L3SE seems like a solid choice at that size, if you got the coin.
They told me 250 for the es-02a, but at lower volume. I can fit up to a 3" or so in the 2014 silverado dash locations. I also read the larger the speaker the better it sounds and able to cross lower or atleast thre should be more options in the larger sizes.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts