DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a good 5 CH amp that will give me enough pwr to effectivly push a 12" IDMax (preferably 500watts) and some Dynaudio comps (active).

The JL 900/5 is the 5CH i know of but there has to be more out there :)

·
Inappropriate Thoughts
4,005 Posts
Both of them(JL and Audison) are quite good built quality.... But I'll choose LRX5.1k over JL if budget is not an issue.... The Audison's sub out are more powerful....
The reason I chose the 900/5 over the Audison was due to the size factor. Truthfully, the Audison would have offered no significant space savings over the multiple amplifiers that I was using at the time.

Also, take a look at the Kicker IX1000.5, Massive NX5 (with additional cooling), Precision Power 900.5, Arc Audio XDI805, Phoenix Gold SD800.5, and Polk Audio PA D5000.5.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Kenwood xr5s is a good choice for power, but is limited on sub control.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
dont count out the memphis audio baby belle. (mc5.700)

·
Registered
977 Posts
I forget exactly what Memphis 5 channel it was, but my friend put one in his cousins Audi and it powered 2 sets of Memphis 6.5s and made his mtx 9500 10s in the mtx box hit very hard and loud. I was very impressed with that amps performance. But it is pretty massive like 2.5-3 ft long!

It IS a great looking amp though!

Edit: he put the MC5.1400. Lovely amp

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
I forget exactly what Memphis 5 channel it was, but my friend put one in his cousins Audi and it powered 2 sets of Memphis 6.5s and made his mtx 9500 10s in the mtx box hit very hard and loud. I was very impressed with that amps performance. But it is pretty massive like 2.5-3 ft long!

It IS a great looking amp though!

Edit: he put the MC5.1400. Lovely amp
ya, the mc5.1400 is 30 inches long. most because the 75 x 4 section is class a/b the sub section puts out 1100 and is class d

·
Registered
469 Posts
The Hertz HDP amplifiers have been extremely strong for us. They always make more power than advertised and have been completely noise free for us and sound great. The HDP5 in particular has been great doing just what you are looking for, and in a great size package. We have sold a ton of BitTen/HDP5/HiEnergy setups, although the HDP5's crossover works very well on its own.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My DynAudio comps tend to be a little pwr hungry and sound better with more power. I had them on a JL 300/4 and they sounded OK but when i put them on my Tru S45 (about 100W) they sounded much much better. I think the additional pwr was the key to making them shine. Thus, im looking for something with good SQ and the pwr to make my comps shine.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts