DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Taken from the site:

50% Off price is from Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price; Limited to one item per vehicle; Installation is required, and must be paid for at time of purhase; For in-store purchase only; All items, including labor, must be paid in full; No special orders; Not valid with any other offer or discount; Excludes window tint, wheels, tires and portable units (such as,but not limited to, GPS, Bluetooth, satellite radio, radar detectors,etc.). Price protection is not offered against any previous sales.

Happy Holidays!

·
Registered
436 Posts
After the hack job those guys did, I wouldn't trust them to change a fuse. And I was overcharged and had to get a refund. So, I'm no fan of Al&Eds.

·
Registered
108 Posts
After the hack job those guys did, I wouldn't trust them to change a fuse. And I was overcharged and had to get a refund. So, I'm no fan of Al&Eds.
Same issue with me here too. Got an alarm installed many many years ago from them and didn't find out that they cracked and glued a few interior panels until well after the warranty was up.

Went to their 50% off Black Friday sale a few years back to see if anything had changed with their business practices. Absolutely not! They tried to tell me that the MSRP of a headunit I was looking at was $200 over the Pioneer MSRP on their website. I contacted their corporate office and they were apologetic. But, because each Al & Ed's was privately owned, they couldn't do much about the situation. I informed them about the "price mistake" and that Pioneer wouldn't be too happy about their authorized dealers claiming higher MSRP to show a greater discount to their consumers. The representative agreed and informed their pricing dept about the mistake. The rep did try to help by linking me to other Al & Ed's in the area that seemed to want to work the situation out with me. But, whenever I got connected to those dealers, they promptly told me to go "F" myself, literally. In the end, I will never shop there ever again. Sorry for the long rant.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oops, I should have been more clear when I posted this thread since it appears the deal (as I found it) is dead. Originally, the Al & Eds website was selling nearly every single item at 50% off the msrp. But they have since changed the deal as pointed out...

I have actually never had Al & Eds perform an install (and based on your guys' testimonials, I probably never will), but if they are willing to give me half off my entire purchase, then in my books that's a hot deal...

But this is all in vain now since the deal is dead...oh wells.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts