DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we got a turbocharged BMW E36 M3 in our shop that need a bit of a make over. The customer wants L8's in his kickpanels. No problem. Here is the car:

And here is the preliminary fitting of the L8's:

And guess what? They fit :)

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Nice, Tom.
By the way, are you a mind reader?
Lol

Jorge

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Nice, Tom.
By the way, are you a mind reader?
Lol

Jorge

·
Registered
983 Posts
Props to him for not ricing the crap out of it and keeping the subtle look of the M3 :)

And... for wanting such a great install :D

Looking forward to how it turns out! It's unfortunate I can't do the same in my E46 without cutting through some serious metal :(

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Props to him for not ricing the crap out of it and keeping the subtle look of the M3 :)

And... for wanting such a great install :D

Looking forward to how it turns out! It's unfortunate I can't do the same in my E46 without cutting through some serious metal :(
We will be doing a E46 with L8's, L4's and L1 pro's next. Stay tuned. :)

·
Registered
531 Posts
being vented to the outside, does that not pose road noise problems?

a fender, plastic, and then a light paper cone shielding noise from the outside?

-fixtion

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

a fender, plastic, and then a light paper cone shielding noise from the outside?
We're not done yet. The pic is just the test fitting.

The car is also getting a Second Skin deadening makeover. Road noise will not be an issue.

·
Registered
983 Posts
04 M3 coupe HPF turbo car. 1000+ HP :D

If you have a sedan, I can give you a link to a build with 6.5's in the doors.
I've got a non-M coupe. Promise me you'll post in detail as there are no shops of any decent caliber that I know of in this area so I gotta wing it on my own... :)

HPF... can't say I approve of what they do, but I can't wait nonetheless :)

·
Registered
991 Posts
curious about the 500+hp M3 sedan... what's done?

I wish my WRX had a little cavity hidden in the inner fender area like that... I'd be all over 8"s in the kick...

Rob

·
I'm baaaack!!
4,397 Posts

-fixtion
It's a 500HP turbo'd M3, I'm not thinking that road/engine noise was of very much concern to the owner of that car. :)

Nice car though and I'll be looking forward to seeing the finished install.

·
4,981 Posts
cant wait to see the results :)

but i got you beat in the HP department haha, i am doing a 556 WHP e46 in a month or two...

unfortunately its not going to be an SQ install, he rarely drives it and just need the show points...oh well...cant wait to see the final results mang :)

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
curious about the 500+hp M3 sedan... what's done?

I wish my WRX had a little cavity hidden in the inner fender area like that... I'd be all over 8"s in the kick...

Rob
Car details here: Need to Sell -- 500whp M3 for $14,500 ASAP - Bimmerforums - The Ultimate BMW Forum

It's a 500HP turbo'd M3, I'm not thinking that road/engine noise was of very much concern to the owner of that car. :)

Nice car though and I'll be looking forward to seeing the finished install.
This car will be getting quite a bit of sound deadening. Here are some pics of the trunk in progress. I used Second Skin's Spectrum product. It took quite a few coats as well as a coating of Spectrum Sludge in a few areas, but the results are very impressive. It is nice to be able to get deadening in areas you normally cannot reach.

cant wait to see the results :)

but i got you beat in the HP department haha, i am doing a 556 WHP e46 in a month or two...

unfortunately its not going to be an SQ install, he rarely drives it and just need the show points...oh well...cant wait to see the final results mang :)
Not sure you will beat me. There is a 1000HP E46 coming in next. :)

·
Registered
751 Posts
I think "urple" is a cool off color for teh m class beemers... One of my fav's from the 90's was the 325 IX (the IX was ALL wheel drive)...:cool:

·
Registered
640 Posts
Looks pretty cool, good idea for some airspace, I might have put some welding paper or some type of barrier on the door to protect the paint though....

Josh

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looks pretty cool, good idea for some airspace, I might have put some welding paper or some type of barrier on the door to protect the paint though....

Josh
There was a "fireman" watching for sparks near the paint. There were none hitting the door. What you see are reflections. He wasn't watching my camera though. :)

1 - 20 of 258 Posts