DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My current build project is a 1956 chevy 2 door for a customer/friend in tampa bay florida. I am an authorized ARC AUDIO dealer in upstate New York and i am building a audiophile show car for him. Hope you like the pics.

The equiptment:

Alpine DVA-9860
Alpine PXA-H701
ARC AUDIO KS 300.2 (3)
ARC AUDIO KS 300.4 (1)
ARC AUDIO 6000 COMP. SET (FRONT)- BI-AMPLIFED
ARC AUDIO KS 6.5 COAXIAL (REAR)
ARC AUDIO 15" (SUB)

Pictures by TommybuiltDesigns - Photobucket

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Way to many to post please use the link. Thanks for the feedback

·
Vendor
4,981 Posts
excellent stuff man...

when i see builds like this, i really wish i would be able to devote a long period of time, say a few months or even half a year, and just do something like this (prolly on a newer car though)...instead of churning out installs every one to two weeks...

maybe someday, when i win the lottery, i can do it to my own dream car hehe

keep up the great work!

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Amazing...

Saddening really though.... My first car was supposed to be a 57' Bel Air, it was bought by my grams and was supposed to be my graduation present (bought from my uncle)

Well said uncle was/is a total DEADBEAT I have never seen the car (except for pics) and now my grams has passed...
I went to my uncles house when we took my grams back to her hometown to lay her to rest.... The car is gone, it had been sitting for 15yrs now (don't ask, my moms side of the family is strange) but the spot of dead grass was still there...

I'm glad I don't have to ever see my uncle..

·
Registered
392 Posts
Nice work.:cool: I've always told my Dad, that of all the Hot Rods he owned (at various points) that I always wanted his 55 Chevy 210 Business Coupe. I'm a big time Buick guy, but have a soft spot for Chevy Shoeboxes.:D
John

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice build so far. Work looks super impresive. I am about to tear into a gutted 55 chevy 2 door wagon.

Jason
Thank you. I hope when i am done with the build i can start my own website and get more work down the road from more street rod/ muscle car owners.

·
Registered
312 Posts
ROBOLOP OWNS YOU !!!! nice try fatass !!!! :D:D:D:D HA I kill myself. Here is how he does this amazing work:

5_hour_energy_berry.jpg

·
Registered
83 Posts
This is great. My dad, brother, and I are building a '57 4 door Chevy 210 right now and will be running a full Arc Audio system when we're done.

Did DK help you out? He and the whole team @ Arc are an awesome group. Definitely the most fun I may ever have showing my truck.

Let me know how the speakers sound when bi-amped. I'm very curious to know.

Also, just an idea, but I would give it a really good listen before buttoning everything up. My crossovers are a PITA to get to, and it makes tuning a *****. We had to tear the dash apart like 4 times when I was doing the testing on the prototype crossovers for the 6000's...

·
Registered
539 Posts
man I love 56's. Can't wait to see finished pics.

·
Registered
312 Posts
This is great. My dad, brother, and I are building a '57 4 door Chevy 210 right now and will be running a full Arc Audio system when we're done.

Did DK help you out? He and the whole team @ Arc are an awesome group. Definitely the most fun I may ever have showing my truck.

Let me know how the speakers sound when bi-amped. I'm very curious to know.

Also, just an idea, but I would give it a really good listen before buttoning everything up. My crossovers are a PITA to get to, and it makes tuning a *****. We had to tear the dash apart like 4 times when I was doing the testing on the prototype crossovers for the 6000's...
The 6000 set is being ran active no passive's so thats not going to be a problem I would be happy to let you know how it turns out. DK ? I mainly talk to Brad they are a bunch of great guys I really want this vehicle to impress them in someway. :blush:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ROBOLOP i love the picture. That shirt says everything that im looking for with my work. Hopefully this week i can get a make a ton of progress and get the trunk parts fabricated. I"ll keep you guys up to date on the rest of the install. Thank you all for the feedback

·
Registered
83 Posts
The 6000 set is being ran active no passive's so thats not going to be a problem I would be happy to let you know how it turns out. DK ? I mainly talk to Brad they are a bunch of great guys I really want this vehicle to impress them in someway. :blush:
DK is Demitrius Karabinis; owner and CEO of Arc Audio. He's awesome. Brad too. Fred might be a really good one to talk to about running the 6000's active. He's on here, but I'm not sure how much if at all anymore.

Good luck with everything. Keep us updated for sure.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have only been an ARC AUDIO dealer for 4-5 months and i seem to only do larger type jobs, so i havent done alot of business with them. At least not yet but everyone there has been great. When this job is complete i will have the finished pics up on the arc website for sure. I cant wait to start tuning and listen.:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This past week was all about preping the two tone layout of the car with base coat clear coat system from BASF(GLASURIT). So there are new pics on body prep and soon ill be painting my fabricated parts, kick panels, rear deck enclosures, and inside of sub enclosure. We will be wet sanding and polishing for weeks. Also ill have more pics on the trunk build.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have got a couple new pics up. They are the side panels of the trunk install. I have also organized all of my pics into there own folders. Enjoy and please give me feedback.

·
Registered
539 Posts
All i see are 4 pics in your photobucket

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry guys, you need to click on my album and all the build pics are in there labeled folders. There are over 600 now.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts