DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to have crossovers. Will be powered by jl hd900/5. They will get roughly 100 rms per side.

Looking for something that will give me the in your face vocals. I've had the
ID xs65 comps. they were nice but left me wanting more in the midbass and in your face vocals.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
448 Posts
I also like what your saying and would suggest
JBl c608gti
JBl 660gti (only if you can use the waveguides somewhat on axis)
boston spz60
Focals

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
It's hard to make a recommendation without know where the drivers will be installed, but the CDT Audio HD-62US system meets your budget. It will give you a pair of UpStage tweeters that will guarantee to lift your soundstage above the dash, or "in your face" if you prefer. The crossovers feature adjustments to tune these additional tweeters.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmm ok sorry for the late response. I'm gonna look into the aformentioned stuff. Anything else?

Any sets that have a ring radiator tweeter?

I know this may not be in the same league but how are the Alpine type-x Pros? They seem to be of superior quality, and also employ a seas/vifa tweeter. Anyone know what there sound signature is like.

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
hmm ok sorry for the late response. I'm gonna look into the aformentioned stuff. Anything else?

Any sets that have a ring radiator tweeter?

I know this may not be in the same league but how are the Alpine type-x Pros? They seem to be of superior quality, and also employ a seas/vifa tweeter. Anyone know what there sound signature is like.

Thanks again.
Get some Image Dynamics Horns with a set of X69 drivers and you'll have your In Your Face type of sound.
Ohh... And in case you did not know... ID Horns is also used in SQ cars ;)

Kelvin

·
Registered
220 Posts
If you like a bright detailed sound, look at Focal

If you prefer a more laid back sound, try DLS Gothia or Morel Hybrid Ovation II.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Need to have crossovers. Will be powered by jl hd900/5. They will get roughly 100 rms per side.

Looking for something that will give me the in your face vocals. I've had the
ID xs65 comps. they were nice but left me wanting more in the midbass and in your face vocals.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
The first thing that comes to mind is Focal, all the way...

But some horns would really part your hair

Imo you're going to need some more horsepower

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
Imo the Dyns are just the opposite in what he's looking for :eek:
They don't have the in your face ear piercing tweeters but the vocals really stand out. I can only compare them to the limited number of Focals I've heard but compared to the krx3, the Dyns definitely have a more in your face vocal while being more laid back.

With that said, in my mind I was thinking of the Dyn 342 set that I have and not the 242. Maybe the addition of the mid makes a big difference in vocals. I listened to mine as a 2-way for a week when I lost a couple channels on my amp and didn't note any drastic changes, just a slight loss of clarity across the board but that was several months ago, maybe I forgot.

You can still have in your face vocals without in your face tweeters lol.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
They don't have the in your face ear piercing tweeters but the vocals really stand out. I can only compare them to the limited number of Focals I've heard but compared to the krx3, the Dyns definitely have a more in your face vocal while being more laid back.

With that said, in my mind I was thinking of the Dyn 342 set that I have and not the 242. Maybe the addition of the mid makes a big difference in vocals. I listened to mine as a 2-way for a week when I lost a couple channels on my amp and didn't note any drastic changes, just a slight loss of clarity across the board but that was several months ago, maybe I forgot.

You can still have in your face vocals without in your face tweeters lol.
More power than what he has is going to be the key...IMO

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
I am a little partial, but I like the Dyn 242, Hybrids (L series or Clarus), or Rainbow Vanadium. Strong midrange/midbass and no eye stabbing highs, like some others mentioned (plus having the same car - 3rd gen TL, I couldn't even begin to imagine Focal tweeters firing directly in the windshield....might as well try acupuncture in your eyes).

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I am a little partial, but I like the Dyn 242, Hybrids (L series or Clarus), or Rainbow Vanadium. Strong midrange/midbass and no eye stabbing highs, like some others mentioned (plus having the same car - 3rd gen TL, I couldn't even begin to imagine Focal tweeters firing directly in the windshield....might as well try acupuncture in your eyes).

x2... yes,IF the tweeters went into the dash location....the Dyns are power hungry and I don't think 100 watts a side would do them justice

1 - 20 of 102 Posts