DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm thinking of getting Seas mids to upgrade my 2way system but the 7" drivers(CA18 or G18) are a little too big for my car ; I wouldn't want to further modify my door panels. Aside from the RW165, what are good 6.5" Seas drivers?

I listen mostly to jazz and, occasionaly, classical music. I might be pairing them with LPG25NFAs. Thanks!

·
Registered
415 Posts
the Lotus PW165 are suppose to be some good drivers!

ive havent heard them in a proper install, so i cant really comment..

this also might be a better driver to mate with an LPG tweeter because of the higher extension over the RW165's.

Even with some modification, if you can get them to fit then youll be happy that you did. I have some L18RNX's and i have too much midbass!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Try your best to fit the CA18RNX in your car. I seriously didn't think I would fit them. But I couldn't resist, I bought them anyway, and MADE them fit! Before looking for alternative drivers, make absolute sure that the CA18RNX do not fit.

David

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Many times 6.5" drivers are the same as 7". The difference between say the Seas Lotus or Focal stuff is only ~6mm, or about 1/4".

If you absolutely can't fit anything larger than 170mm., I'd say the rw165 is your best bet. You may also want to investigate the Focal 6w4311.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.