DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My HU has 6 preamp outs and my EQ only has one main in. Do I just combine the L/R on the HU to connect to the EQ and leave the sub preamp out alone?

Thanks guys,

·
Registered
991 Posts
<tap-tap-tap> is this one... Hello... dude... have you looked around or read ANYTHING on this forum? You have SOOOO opened yourself up to get crucified...

Let's help you out... take 15 seconds more from your busy day... give us ANYTHING to work with.

What head unit has 6 pre-outs (I assume you mean 3-pairs)?
What EQ has 1 input (I assume you mean 1-Pair)?
What speakers?
What amps?
What are your goals?

Your vague post is the kind of thing the sharks around here flock to, like blood in the water... more appropriate @ caraudio.com etc..

I would recommend spending some time getting used to the "vibe here" before throwing yourself on the chopping block...

Rob

·
Registered
62 Posts
<tap-tap-tap> is this one... Hello... dude... have you looked around or read ANYTHING on this forum? You have SOOOO opened yourself up to get crucified...

Let's help you out... take 15 seconds more from your busy day... give us ANYTHING to work with.

What head unit has 6 pre-outs (I assume you mean 3-pairs)?
What EQ has 1 input (I assume you mean 1-Pair)?
What speakers?
What amps?
What are your goals?

Your vague post is the kind of thing the sharks around here flock to, like blood in the water... more appropriate @ caraudio.com etc..

I would recommend spending some time getting used to the "vibe here" before throwing yourself on the chopping block...

Rob
I love the way you simultaneously grouped yourself with the sharks around here and put down another forum.

OP, just use one pair of your pre-outs to feed the EQ. You'll lose any fading and crossing abilities though. Give us more info.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Not sure if this is the correct answer but back in the early 90s I bought an Alpine G180 EQ and just used the rca outputs for the front channel of the head unit and connected my amp rca's to the EQ. Hope this helps

Jman

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
If you plan to use any of the head units crossovers you'd better plan on only EQ'ing 1 output or getting more equalizers.

I think you should get a better idea what you are doing before going much further.

Check my sig for a TON of info.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for the vuageness, but you dont have to be that mean :)....anyway I was literally walking out the door and threw it up...my bad.

It is a Pioneer DEH 4000 HU and it has 3pairs of outs 1 L 1 R 1 sub. And the EQ I have has one main in pair....i was just curious on how I hook the HU to the EQ.

sorry again

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Well forget about using the rears and subs pre out. Also now those controls on the deck are usless.

I would buy a better eq or a crossover for after the eq.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
you could run just the fronts on the EQ. how many bands does the EQ really have in the sub region anyway?

run the sub out straight from the deck to the amp.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Your three pairs of outs are more likely to be 1 front, 1 rear, and 1 sub as opposed to 1 left, 1 right, and 1 sub. You might consider selling the EQ that is limiting the use of your pre-outs and get one that accepts all of them. Audiocontrol has one such unit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts