DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new vehicle, and it has a single 10 mounted Infinite Baffle. I'd like to upgrade to and more powerful 10" with my an amp. I would be using a Kicker ZR360 to push the sub. I've looked at the IDMax, but was wondering if a single 10's output would be enough in this configuration or would I be better to remove the stocker and put a sealed box in the trunk. I am more into SQ, but I do want the occasional weekend cruising bumps as well. Also, if I can go cheaper than the IDMax that would be great.

The car is a Cadillac CTS, and I will be heavily dampening the rear deck for the 10 if I go that route. Thanks!

Josh F.

·
I'm baaaack!!
4,397 Posts
Josh,

You might want to have a look at the product selection/comparison forum. There are several threads there that address your question and some very good info to be had there as well. Nice choice of car by the way.

Zach

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any further recommendations? I'd like to save as much space in the trunk as possible. Any 10" subs out there that can handle a decent amount of power in IB? I'd like to spend no more than $200 if I can.

Josh

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Any further recommendations? I'd like to save as much space in the trunk as possible. Any 10" subs out there that can handle a decent amount of power in IB? I'd like to spend no more than $200 if I can.

Josh
almost any of the more popular 10s would be great.

dayton, jl, id, polk, ed, tc, dd, pg, pio

most of em can take 500 watts, and your only using 350.

"360 watts x 1 in bridged mode"

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-DVjfANJ67y5/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?readmore=true&g=100&tab=essential_info&i=206ZR360

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
almost any of the more popular 10s would be great.

dayton, jl, id, polk, ed, tc, dd, pg, pio

most of em can take 500 watts, and your only using 350.

"360 watts x 1 in bridged mode"

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-DVjfANJ67y5/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?readmore=true&g=100&tab=essential_info&i=206ZR360
I know this amp is rated low, however it is highly underrated. Check out this test of the amp from carsound.com. ZR360 Review

They show it put out 725.4 watts bridged at 2ohms. Of course, I can go to a smaller output by going with a 4 ohm or 8 ohm speaker Just looking for the best bang I can get. Thanks for the recommendations, are all of these good in IB though? Thanks!

Josh F.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts