DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been trying to get this XA5000 to work all weekend. I get sound out the sub channel but nothing from the front/rear, bridged or not bridged. I've fooled with all the settings on the amp and no burnt fuses. I also tried hooking my iphone up directly to the amp with an 1/8" to RCA cable.

I took the cover off and there's no burnt traces, caps look good, everything looks good and nothing smells burnt. I even tried two more ground spots.

I bought the amp used and the guy said he bench tested all channels separately before selling it and it worked then. I'm bringing it back to him this afternoon so he can check it again.

Any other ideas on troubleshooting?

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
If you can take it back, do it. Could be the power supply for the 4ch part puked, but hard to say....long as you know you have the settings right and all and its not working.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The guy i bought it from worked at a local sound shop as an installer for a bit so i drove to his house and he troubleshot it (pretty much everything i did) and deemed it dead. He knows two guys who repair amps so he's gonna get one of them to fix it and then give it back to me, no charge.

If it can't be fixed within a week, he'll refund my money.

Now i'm stuck without ANY sound in my car for at least a week or two! :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts