DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone had success installing 6x9 speakers in the 2000-2006 era suburbans? Here is my system:
JL Audio 300/2 driving component Focals up front
JL Audio 300/2 driving component Infinity Kappas in second row
2-10" JL Audio subs in a sealed box driven by Phoenix Gold XS2500
Head unit Alpine 9887

I have an extra pair of Infinity 6x9's and also an extra JL Audio 300/2 amp. My goal is to get a louder sound volume as well as a little missing sounds transitioning from the subs to 6" component speakers.

I want them to be as concealed as possible.....all 3 amps are behind the rear panel.

Any help?

Thanks!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That was also another thought but I didn't know what made the most sense. Due to the large volume of the truck, I thought adding another pair of amplified speakers would help in that department.

I have adjusted the frequency at this point to keep a lot of the "lows" from going the the components so they didn't have to work as hard and that I could squeeze a little more volume out. I am just missing out on the drum punches with this setup.

I think I have enough equipment and flexibility to make it happen but I just don't know the best solution. I know the 9887 is flexible in it's frequency but also complicated to understand as well. I'm no pro and start to get a little dizzy reading some of the more in-depth posts but I'm will to do what I can.

I did find another post where the amp was under the 2nd row seat but I don't want to suffocate it if the seats are lying flat. I'll take another look at the clearance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.