DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
The 8”s is will not fit in the rear deck of a Corolla with those adapters… too tall. IF you are willing to cut the plastic trim that goes over it then you’re good.. but it will hit the plastic trim.. not a lot of room… take a look at the OEM 6x9s and you will understand what I mean… they only stick up about an inch…

With custom adapters… possibly… but I have my doubts.. the adapters mentioned here appear to be for the front door locations of Toyota’s like a Camry… corollas only have 6x9 in the rear… up front is 6.5” only

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Could you bottom mount them?
Yes... but the hole may be a tad small.. but there’s plenty of room to put a spacer on the bottom if you want to make an adapter to put them underneath.. I know for sure a 7” you could get away with. I’m sure you get away with an 8 inch with the right adapter coming from the bottom.. Here are some pictures of the stock six by nines out of my Toyota Corolla just so you have some references.. notice how they’re not very thick the foam on top of them which seals up against the plastic trim cover that goes on the rear deck there’s only about an inch of room.. so depends on how big the basket and cone of the driver is you’re trying to fit in there..

Tape measure Light Automotive tire Measuring instrument Ruler

Automotive tire Rim Spoke Automotive wheel system Circle

Sleeve Collar Dress shirt Blazer Automotive tire

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Its pretty hilarious that its just a 6.5" in a 6x9 body.. the 6x9s must be reserved for the camrys or the JBL models.. mines just a corolla SE.. LOL..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts