DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
could anyone share me your 7 band graphic EQ settings? I'm getting bored with my usual settings, its time I heard something other than usual :)

thanks.

·
Registered
977 Posts
unfortunately you can't just copy someone else's EQ settings and expect it to sound good in your vehicle. It is completely dependent on your equipment, interior of your vehicle, power, crossovers, slope and everything else you can think of.

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
What are the 7 frequencies and how are they set currently? Some description of your setup/equipment would help.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What are the 7 frequencies and how are they set currently? Some description of your setup/equipment would help.
60Hz=0dB, 150Hz=-2dB, 400Hz=-6dB, 1kHz=-4dB, 2.4kHz=-2dB, 6Khz=0dB, 16Khz=2dB.

blaupunkt velocity v2100 amp, with jbl sub amp, pioneer 6x9 rear speaker, mb quart qm130 front with rtc19 tweeter, HU is an old alpine stereo with a built in dsp (not used) and graphic EQ.
all on a 2000 Toyota camry. BTW the tweeters are mounted on the upper piece (where the side mirrors are), not on the dash.

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
60Hz=0dB, 150Hz= -4dB, 400Hz= -1dB, 1kHz= -2dB, 2.4kHz= -5dB, 6Khz= -4dB, 16Khz= 0dB.

This should sound different.

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
yup it sounds different enough, I dunno why but it really sounds a bit nice.
Now cut 16khz -2 to -4 and raise 1khz to -1. Play around a bit see what sounds best.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts