DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The car is a 2004 BMW M3 that has had a HPF Stage 3 kit installed in it. The car currently makes 755 whp on the dyno. Should be enough to push around a bit of extra weight from the audio gear. Here is a video of the car on the dyno.

YouTube - Rich's HPF Stage 3 M3 Turbo w/755rwhp by HorsepowerFreaks

The car will be getting a Hybrid Audio Technologies L841-3 Pro set LEGATIA L841-3 PRO COMPONENT SPEAKERS SET . It consistst of a 8.5" midbass driver, a 4.65" midrange and the L1 Pro tweeter. There will be an Image Dynamics IDMAX12 for sub duty and all drivers will be powered by Zapco DC Reference amps. Head unit is a color and texture matched Denon 8250ti.

The L841-3 Pro set will be going in the front doors with the L4 in the furthest forward part of the door. Tweeter placement is undecided at this point.

The work on the doors has begun:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Kick ass! I can't wait for round 2.

·
Member Infinitum
692 Posts
oh, you KNOW I have to subscribe to this one!!!

·
Registered
983 Posts
I can't say I approve of the speaker placement, I was looking forward to some more work on the kicks :(

Did the owner say no cutting of sheet metal in this car?

·
Registered
566 Posts
guess HAT is the new thing for BMW's

should be another sick and inspiring build

·
Registered
203 Posts
Subscribed!

This is going to be good!~

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks all!

Going to stay away from any structural modifications (unless they are improvements) in this car due to the CRAZY horsepower this car puts out. This car really needs a full cage if you ask me. The speaker locations may not be ideal, but we have a ton of processing available and we should be able to work some magic there. This car will be more of a show car than a daily driver, so there will be a bit more "flash" in this install.

I love the smell of race fuel in the morning. :)

·
Registered
566 Posts
UPDATE!!!!!

this is impatience at its finest

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Thanks all!

Going to stay away from any structural modifications (unless they are improvements) in this car due to the CRAZY horsepower this car puts out. This car really needs a full cage if you ask me. The speaker locations may not be ideal, but we have a ton of processing available and we should be able to work some magic there. This car will be more of a show car than a daily driver, so there will be a bit more "flash" in this install.

I love the smell of race fuel in the morning. :)
what does the owner think about putting a cage?

·
Registered
61 Posts
After the E36 being the "budget" install, I can't wait to see how this one turns out!

1 - 20 of 164 Posts