DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Honda Accord EXL 2.0 GB 3way doors GB40/10 centre Helix M4dsp/M6 Sundown salt MMats + more
1,412 Posts
I'd go with 0 gauge. Just in case I want to upgrade later. I've bought alot of different 0 gauge from different companies. I like knukonceptz stuff to be better quality and cheaper. But what ever you get make sure it's OFC

·
Registered
2018 Honda Accord EXL 2.0 GB 3way doors GB40/10 centre Helix M4dsp/M6 Sundown salt MMats + more
1,412 Posts
Yeah, next car I'll probably run a 0 and be done with it. First install was done in a shop, ran two 8ga wires. I eventually added a 4ga. These three wires combined is roughly equivalent to a single 2ga. This has been sufficient for my SQ, but plays loudly, setup. If I were doing it again, a 0ga would be a set it and forget it situation.

I think if you are anything short of certain whether a wire is big enough, you have to go the next size up.
I agree, I rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it. My fist install on my car I had 4 gauge ran for a sub amp and I ran new speakers on the factory amp. Then on the current install I had them run 0 gauge and I have 4 amps and 2 lithium batteries in the trunk. I have minimal voltage drop on around 5k total with the stock alternator. If I had ran 0 to begin with it would gave saves a little time and money.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
@ItsonlyaHONDA
here we talk about power wire for 600w amp, not for lithium bank suported system. Even so 0 gauge wire can't be fitted in those amp's terminals.
I never said to shove 0 gauge into his amp, and with some reducers you probly could. My point was if he ever wanted to upgrade his amp or add an other one, running 0 gauge will save him the trouble of running wire again. I personally will never use anything under 0 gauge ever again. But that's just me.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Yes, but I have 4 of them in my build. 1 requires 0 gauge. I've also been eyeing a salt 6k and that one requires 3 0 gauge. I may settle with the 4k. But I have yet to fully try my mmats lsx4000.1. I have issues. Lol haven't posted my build yet, but I'm extra at work tonight I may take some time to do that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts