DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I want to buy a 4 channel TRF M600.4AB amplifier (600 watt RMS, 1200 watt max) and connect to it a 12" TRF VLSW122D2 Subwoofer (250 watt RMS) and 2 front JBL Stage 2 604C speakers (6.5'', 45 watt RMS each).
Should i use an 8 AWG power cable to my amp or an 4 AWG?
Also what gauge wire should i use for my speakers? 12 AWG is ok or thinner?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
4ga for the power and 12ga is fine for the speakers, but thinner could be used. Also, why is this in technical & advanced? The answers should all be in the owners manual.
Thanks. I just haven't bought the amp yet and i can't find anywhere the manual on the internet. So i am doing a little research and ask people's opinion.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You haven't specified the length of power cable run, which can have a big effect. Assuming it's front battery to trunk, 8ga may be sufficient, but when in doubt, go bigger. I'd do 4ga. Since it's a hassle to remove lots of trim pieces to run power cable, it's worth considering that if you think you'll be adding additional (or swapping to more powerful) amps in the future, running more/larger cables to accommodate that makes some sense.
The cable length will be about 3,5-4 m depending on the route the cable will follow (from the battery under passenger's feet to the trunk). Ok so i will stick with 4 ga.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts