DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9,892 Posts
What does that have to do with the topic at hand? The recommendation for larger wire is for future proofing an install if say one decides to add more amps or go bigger amps.
I was mostly teasing...

But, with today's tech there's no reason why anyone would need 0awg for an SQ build.

Overkill is one thing. Running super thick wire because you don't want to take the time to understand the system requirements is another.

Class D amps are making life so much easier for us, sure some people are going for wild builds and may need to run 0awg wire, but there's no reason that today anyone would need if for an SQ build.

·
Registered
9,728 Posts
What does that have to do with the topic at hand? The recommendation for larger wire is for future proofing an install if say one decides to add more amps or go bigger amps.
i think he is saying its a unneeded rec.

·
Registered
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss Crew Cab
2,175 Posts
It isn't needed for the current requirements. But if a much larger system is added then having to rerun power wire is going to be needed. Thus those recommendations for 0 gauge. I would say this still shows an understanding of what is needed.

·
Registered
2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
300 Posts
Q:Should I go with a muffler or air filter upgrade for additional horsepower?
A: Just go with a stroked big block Chevy in case you want more power in the future.

I personally run zero gauge in my vehicles and only purchase it by the spool. For someone trying to figure out a budget for his 1st system this might be discouraging. Not everyone gets bitten by the bug and if they do replacing a run of wire is the least of their concerns.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I was mostly teasing...

But, with today's tech there's no reason why anyone would need 0awg for an SQ build.

Overkill is one thing. Running super thick wire because you don't want to take the time to understand the system requirements is another.

Class D amps are making life so much easier for us, sure some people are going for wild builds and may need to run 0awg wire, but there's no reason that today anyone would need if for an SQ build.
I agree. Even with a/b amps if you're running enough power in a daily driver to need 0 gauge you'll probably go deaf. It's a hassle to install too.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts