DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!So i drive a 2010 Toyota Tacoma Regular cab with the bench seat.I already have a JVC AHD 69 head unit and JL c series door speakers.Im loooking at putting an 8 inch sub in a custom built box behind the bench.I want SOUND QUALITY but also definately want some punch.Im trying to be able to play down in to the 30s hz-ish range with good, clean sound.No mud or slow response.I was looking at a Focal 21v2 8" at my local car audio shop.....what are some peoples experience with this sub, what is a good amp to mate it with or what are other good options for a quality 8?! I listen to a broad spectrum of music from metal to rap to dubstep to country.Any help is appreciated thank you!

·
Registered
2,502 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump.please help me decide which 8 would be best for a regular cab truck!theres gotta be some regular cab ppl out there without totally custom interiors with an 8 or two!

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
ya amazon has the type r 8 for $95 will sound very good

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so im between the Sundown SA-8, TC Epic 8 and the JL 8w7.For sound quality and lows which would be my best choice.Id like to be able to play down in the 30hz range with tuning (box etc) and have good sound and thump.Please steer me towards my best option.I was originally gonna drop 4 bills on a Focal so price isnt so much an issue as longevity of the product and quality is

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
u wont be able to kill the SA-8 if u tried. i want to recommend it but do realize its made for SPL users. thats not to say it wont sound good, because it should, but its not got the same design features as 8s that are for SQ. it can take a lot of power to get plenty loud for you.

if u want to spend the money i guess go for the w7, but i would go with alpine

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so the more and more research i do and talk to more ppl i think im gonna start with an Alpine Type R as previously suggested.Seems great for the money and looks well built.What does everyone consider to be the best match amp wise for this sub?2 or 4 ohm?!thank you!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts