DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 honda odyssey van and was thinking about where to put a sub. I do not want a box in the back, the in floor storage is going to be used for amps and the ms8, and I do not want to take up all the space under the center console tray.

I have purchased a jl 500/1 for an amp thinking I was going to make a center console sub box with a 10 inch.

I did think that a small box under the back half of the center tray would be good and I would not have the tray attached to a larger box that vibrates a lot. I was thinking of a small box 11"wide, 8.5"long and 8.5" high, sealed made with 3/4 mdf would be perfect. This would give me an internal volume of 0.27 ish before the driver is dropped in.

The most base I would listen to would be Bob Marley on occasion but a lot of my music is folk, rock, jazz and blues.

Any suggestions on a driver?

Ted.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Definitely, Alpine Type R 8" in this case.

I drank the kool-aid (it's the latest forum boner), but after owning/hearing it, I believe the hype--it really *IS* good.

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
What about a TC Sounds Epic 8, I think they recomend .25 cubes for the box sealed.
^^^Good option, what I was going to recommend.

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the input! I would really like the TC Epic 8 but it just will not work on the box size i need. Guess it is the Alpine if I stick to the location under the fold down tray in the van that is between the front seats.

How much better would a 10 inch like the Dayton HO 10 sound between the middle and back row of seats? Any opinions?

As well, what way would be best for the 8 inch between the seats to fire, forward or towards the back?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just went through the same decision with my vehicle. Decided to go with the 8" Alpine in a .3 sealed. Found there was enough room in the passenger footwell for it without taking away too much legroom. The box is being built on Thursday for it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just talked to a guy at a local shop and he seems to think an 8 inch will not do much in a minivan for my bass. Any thoughts on this? If it will not make a significant difference then I may have to think of something else. My plan was to put it on the floor under the center tray between the front seats facing forward. Really do not want to be moving a box around in the back all the time.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
I am not contradicting this gentleman, but around my way several family guys run single 8" subwoofers and have great success. Matched with the proper enclosure and used correctly you will have a winning combo. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Alpine Type-R 8" in a 0.3 sealed. Having the box built to fit in the passenger side footwell. Running it off of a 500w 4ohm channel from a Hertz HDP4 amp.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts