DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have been doing quite a bit of research and havent found any installs with 8" midbass in a Ram doors. I plan to go with Stephens audio 8s. I can make a bracket to build them out and feel pretty confident I have adequate mounting depth. Does anyone see any reason this cant be done?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I run 7" woofers (Dynaudio MW172) in my 2005 quad cab...as long as you can build them out for depth, there is no reason 8" speakers cant be done...just be prepared to spend plenty of additional time deadening the door to prevent rattles and then go back again and again to also track down and subdue more rattles.

Tessa tape and butyl rubber rope are your friends here !!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I run 7" woofers (Dynaudio MW172) in my 2005 quad cab...as long as you can build them out for depth, there is no reason 8" speakers cant be done...just be prepared to spend plenty of additional time deadening the door to prevent rattles and then go back again and again to also track down and subdue more rattles.

Tessa tape and butyl rubber rope are your friends here !!!
That's what I figured. Thank you!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, so the 8"s I want are going to be more difficult to install than I thought, so my next question is 6.5 or 6x9 midbass for stock location? I always shied away from 6x9s back in the day, but now it seems that there are quite a few good quality 6x9 MB's. I know 6x9s have a larger surface area... any thoughts?

Thanks again

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Id go with the Audiofrog GS690 6x9 or the HAT Unity 6x9

If you can afford them, you will NOT be sorry !!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts