DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

121 - 138 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Ge0max of 5mm was within 2% of measured spec. Very nicely done... you called it. Can't wait to hear your results, but even more so I need to get mine installed to hear my results!
I fired up my MW182's for the first time today in my new install. I don't have my sub hooked up yet so I removed the high pass filter on the Dyn's to let them play as low as they want to go.

Holy shit! These drivers get DOWN and boogie.

Then I thought to myself. Erin mentioned trying to use new drivers in his evaluations. So, as much as it pains me I might remove the MW182's tomorrow so I can send one to Erin before I break it in. Give him something as fresh as possible. So, I'll install the W800Neo's and start my personal evaluation there.

Ge0

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Erin,

I also have a pair of BNIB Dynaudio MW172 that if you want you can test behind Geo's MW182..

I have ALWAYS wanted to see a comparison between the two of those speakers...their essentially being "brothers" but one being more difficult to install due to sheer size while the MW172 can slip into ALOT of places that a 6.5 can even though it has a 3" diameter voice coil.

Of course, I am SURE that you will get alot of offers like this, BUT, just thought I'd put it out there...

PM me if interested

·
18,542 Posts
As long as you guys don't need them back ASAP I'll test them. It may take me a week or four... just depends on what else I have going on. I know I have some pretty expensive speakers coming in the next month or so that will jump ahead of the pack whenever they arrive ($13k/pair and another $11k/pair :eek:).

George, just email me back if you want to send them my way and I'll get you my shipping address.

@seafish PM coming

Edit: And as long as you can cover shipping (or have someone to chip in; the donations aren't coming in enough for me to pay for all this stuff... currently still out $115 on a set of speakers even after donations this week).

·
Registered
324 Posts
Heck, Erin, if you are up to it and its worth while, they are not new, so I don't know? I have Volvo dyns , one is the mw180. The other is the 8.75" which is debated and confused with the mw180. The surround on the 8.75 is SR192-2 which leads it to one of these. Be curious to see what's up and get some answers.

·
18,542 Posts
Heck, Erin, if you are up to it and its worth while, they are not new, so I don't know? I have Volvo dyns , one is the mw180. The other is the 8.75" which is debated and confused with the mw180. The surround on the 8.75 is SR192-2 which leads it to one of these. Be curious to see what's up and get some answers.
I'd honestly rather spend the time on other things. I do plan to do a "for fun" test of my OEM Honda door speakers but that's just because I have them on hand. I've got a list of other tests coming and would rather spend the time testing things that are more commonplace and/or with higher general interest. No offense, of course.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
As long as you guys don't need them back ASAP I'll test them. It may take me a week or four... just depends on what else I have going on. I know I have some pretty expensive speakers coming in the next month or so that will jump ahead of the pack whenever they arrive ($13k/pair and another $11k/pair :eek:).

George, just email me back if you want to send them my way and I'll get you my shipping address.

@seafish PM coming

Edit: And as long as you can cover shipping (or have someone to chip in; the donations aren't coming in enough for me to pay for all this stuff... currently still out $115 on a set of speakers even after donations this week).
Email sent...

Ge0

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
TTT

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
I have a sale pending. If it falls through I'll let you know. Thanks. Zac.
Do you still have a pair of sw800s left? Sorry haven't had time to read all the way thru thread.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Sure enough. SW800 sold. Just now, over last couple hours.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
W800NEO 2 pairs left
AP8 2 pairs left

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #134 (Edited)
Scratch that there are 3 pairs of W800NEO left. There is a set coming back that was lost by UPS, then found over a month later!

Reactions: Plaximus

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
I’m a little nervous. Mine said they would arrive today but didn’t. Last update was arrival scan at a town 1.5 hours away at 11am this morning. Sort of of odd they would be sitting there all day with no further updates. Hopefully just a fluke and they will arrive tomorrow. I’ll keep you posted.
Sparky's woofers never showed up and were deemed lost by UPS, so I sent him another set. Well that first set finally showed up over a month later and he got ahold of me right away and dropped them in the mail to get them back to me.:cool:

Thanks Sparky!

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Sparky's woofers never showed up and were deemed lost by UPS, so I sent him another set. Well that first set finally showed up over a month later and he got ahold of me right away and dropped them in the mail to get them back to me.:cool:

Thanks Sparky!
Way to go Sparky...

Ge0

·
Registered
6 Posts
Would these work in doors of a Taurus SHO? This is tempting I like how everyone says how low they can get which is what I like. Listen to rock, metal, hip hop and rap. Depends on my mood but sounds like these might work. Even possibly for my rear deck idea.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Would these work in doors of a Taurus SHO? This is tempting I like how everyone says how low they can get which is what I like. Listen to rock, metal, hip hop and rap. Depends on my mood but sounds like these might work. Even possibly for my rear deck idea.
If your stocks are 6x9 they should fit.

I got a pair from Zac. My music choices are the same. Add reggae to that mix. I think they blend they blend real well what different music types.

121 - 138 of 138 Posts