DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

141 - 154 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Hey man do you still have a set of the W800NEOs left? As you may recall I was hoping to get your pair of sw800s but since I missed out on those I figure why not try the neos.
Anyway please let me know.
Btw, it's true that the neos can take a **** ton of power. Correct?
I still have a set of the NEO's, BNIB / never opened, and I also have the pair that I opened for photos, and sent one driver over to Erin for Klippel testing. $600 for the BNIB pair, $550 for the pair that was opened and klippel tested.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Hey man do you still have a set of the W800NEOs left? As you may recall I was hoping to get your pair of sw800s but since I missed out on those I figure why not try the neos.
Between 120Hz and 1KHz they can take some hefty power. They start to distort pretty bad once you drop below 80Hz and try to get high SPL out of them.

Ge0

·
Registered
190 Posts
I still have a set of the NEO's, BNIB / never opened, and I also have the pair that I opened for photos, and sent one driver over to Erin for Klippel testing. $600 for the BNIB pair, $550 for the pair that was opened and klippel tested.
Right on. I will take the BNIB pair. If you will PM me your PP info I will shoot you the cash ASAP.
Thank you,

Craig

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Audison AP8's are sold. I still have a few pairs of W800NEO left.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Clarify “a **** ton”.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
I've heard reports from a reliable authority of the W800NEO being subjected to "500 watts of Brax power and they just took it" in a small sealed environment.

Granted, the best application is really IB in doors, as it takes a 2.25cf enclosure to get the woofer to .707, and they probably couldn't take that much power in IB.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I've heard reports from a reliable authority of the W800NEO being subjected to "500 watts of Brax power and they just took it" in a small sealed environment.

Granted, the best application is really IB in doors, as it takes a 2.25cf enclosure to get the woofer to .707, and they probably couldn't take that much power in IB.
250 rms probably be max in IB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
I'm throwing 75W at them crossed at 72Hz 24db/octave and find nothing lacking. I may even bring my crossover point down a little further. But, I' not trying to hit 120dB+ either. A solid system level 110dB is good for me.

Ge0

·
Registered
386 Posts
I'm throwing 75W at them crossed at 72Hz 24db/octave and find nothing lacking. I may even bring my crossover point down a little further. But, I' not trying to hit 120dB+ either. A solid system level 110dB is good for me.

Ge0
Yep no need to put a lot of rms in these speakers. I ran 400 wrms in morels TI and they took it with zero gains.. I went up the gains by a little it was a bit too much for the Ti... There is no need to give IB divers
“ a lot of power”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got a set of these from OP. I plan to run them on 200W JL XD800/8 with 4 channels bridged. Hoping to get them in within the next few weeks. Gotta modify the doors and just havent had time to mess with it yet.

Thanks!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
I got a set of these from OP. I plan to run them on 200W JL XD800/8 with 4 channels bridged. Hoping to get them in within the next few weeks. Gotta modify the doors and just havent had time to mess with it yet.

Thanks!
Hey Sparky!

Just remember that these are 3ohm drivers, so your 200w bridged is rated at 4ohms, so if you run that amp bridged you'll actually be getting closer to 250w at 3ohms, but your amp is only rated at 2ohms stable and not 1.5, so you'll want to keep an eye on it. At least you're probably only running little mids and tweets off the other 4 channels, so the power supply has a light load the other half of the amp.

If you're running these IB, I'd suggest first running them unbridged, and they'll get somewhere around 90w at 3ohms, which should be plenty, as Ge0 reported 75w was adequate. If you feel the need to bridge the amplifier, understand that the amp isn't rated for that. It would probably take it, but if 90w is enough, why risk it? It's not unheard of for amps to start smoking if pushed to run at a load they're not rated for.

If you can't find a way to utilize the extra channels for dual midbass or rear fill, if anything, leaving a couple channels unused on multi-channel amps usually boosts the output on the channels in use. You may want to poll some experts here, but as far as I know, it's still recommended to hook up those unused channels to a dummy speaker in the car to give them a load, just turn the output all the way down on those unused channels.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. Great point on running it bridged. I dont know if I forgot these were 3ohm, or just had a brain fart there. Running at 3 ohm on that amp would prob. not be ideal, not to mention the extra power to the speakers.

141 - 154 of 154 Posts