Pricing is good, no lowballers please.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Is the audison the slim unit? The one that’s fits in a BMW F30?
The dimensional diagrams for the AP8 are available on Audisons website. Just download the user manual. If you need any other details I have a set sitting uninstalled. They are really thin. I could take photos / measurements. No need for Zac to open a new box.

Ge0

Reactions: zacjones99

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Does anyone have a source for dimensional drawings of the W800Ne0's? AD brochure shows T/S specs but has no drawings for the drivers.

Ge0

·
Registered
1,637 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Does anyone have a source for dimensional drawings of the W800Ne0's? AD brochure shows T/S specs but has no drawings for the drivers.

Ge0

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Deleted pic to save space
Thanks JD That was super quick.

I think something looks a little whack with the published Xmax rating. Looks more like peak to peak Xmech.

Ge0

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I'll ponder on a set of W800Neo's I'll model them up against the MW182's I currently have and see where they stand. They are definitely a heck of a lot shallower which makes them more versatile.

Ge0

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks JD That was super quick.

I think something looks a little whack with the published Xmax rating. Looks more like peak to peak Xmech.

Ge0
My guess was that it's peak-to-peak xmax... I'd love to see and the other AD drivers klippel'd, as AD's listed xmax's are pretty questionable all across their lines. Can't argue with the results though!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Didnt you need to trim the terminals on the w800 when installing though? The audison says 66mm VS W800's 56mm (lip to bottom of basket), so it'd still fit?
You can remove the terminals on the AD W800 Neo and screw on ring terminals instead to save depth

It looks like AD listened to people complaining about those monster terminals and switched them out for shorter, less beefy terminals that are still super solid and really nice, but these new terminals extend past the magnet by about 3/16" -- a savings of more than 1/4" from those beefy terminals that they kept on the SW800.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Another thing I noticed is that these drivers are really lightweight at under 2.5# as well as super shallow. I'd feel really good about putting them in doors as they're so incredibly lightweight. My other 8 inch drivers that I have lying around are at least 5# each.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Didnt you need to trim the terminals on the w800 when installing though? The audison says 66mm VS W800's 56mm (lip to bottom of basket), so it'd still fit?
Total depth on these should be about 61mm with the terminals extending about 5mm past the magnet.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1st post updated. 6 pairs of W800NEO remaining.

1 - 20 of 132 Posts