DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 4 8" lanzar maxp84 subs I wanna make an enclosure for but can't find the right dimensions to build myself. I could buy a custom made box but it's too expensive for my budget. Can anyone help with blueprints on proper cubic feet and air space? Seems like there isn't any info on an enclosure. Just want a diy project for me and my brother

· Registered
11,365 Posts
I would do 4 boxes, each .75 cuft gross. But how are you going to power them/wire them? They are SVC 4's. So maybe use a 2 channel amp that is stable to 2 ohms would be my suggestion.

· Registered
2,014 Posts
Parts Express does not recommend ported configuration for these subs.
Not a lot of published t/s parameters to go by, so modeling them is out.
Sealed in .75-1.0 cft seems to be the only option.

· Registered
620 Posts
Aren't these more like midbass drivers?
With that high of fs and QTC a 25Liter box will give them a total QTC of around 2?
WinISD suggests more like 10quft for one of these sealed, which basically is open baffle.

· Registered
11,365 Posts
Aren't these more like midbass drivers?
With that high of fs and QTC a 25Liter box will give them a total QTC of around 2?
WinISD suggests more like 10quft for one of these sealed, which basically is open baffle.
I think you mean infinite baffle, not open baffle. But yeah i ready that too on parts express suggesting 10 cuft per driver.

· Registered
2018 Mazda6 Grand Touring Reserve
510 Posts
I would probably ditch that amp. It's not 1-ohm stable, and wiring the subs to a 4 ohm load would only give you about 100w per driver. Since these are Lanzar products, I might under power them a little bit (I don't have great faith in their durability). You really want something that does around 1000-1500w at 1 ohm. Sundown SAEv3 is probably a good option without breaking the bank. SUNDOWN AUDIO SAEv3 - 1500D - 1500 WATT RMS Amplifier.

You could just get another one of the Lanzar amps, but I doubt they make rated power, and 2 Class A/B amps are going to be far less efficient than a single class D.

· Registered
620 Posts
I think you mean infinite baffle, not open baffle. But yeah i ready that too on parts express suggesting 10 cuft per driver.
Sorry, my bad. You're right.
These things don't qualify as a sub.
Sealed? Too high of fs and way to high QTS.
@OP: try 10 quft for each driver, means 40qft total for sealed application. :p

· Registered
2018 Mazda6 Grand Touring Reserve
510 Posts
Tech specs on Parts Express backs up what others are saying regarding box size. I think at this point, you're best off returning everything if you can. Sell it on Facebook if you can't. Just start over completely.

From what I can find on these products, it looks like you're out less than $200 if you just chuck them in the bin. I've made more expensive mistakes in this hobby for sure. Take your time to save for something decent. Plenty of good used equipment gets bought and sold here. You'll be much happier in the end.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.