DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i need a little help choosing an 8" sub for my c6 corvette, all i care is the sq. my system consist of front speakers focal Krx2 6.5 and jl audio hd600/4 bridge. the amp I'm gonna use for the sub is jl audio 250/1. the sub is have in mind are

jl 8w7
focal 21v2
hertz ?? but what model?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
What kind of enclosure is it going into? How much internal volume do you have available? Where in the vehicle is it being mounted?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ported. i think we can do 1ft^3 or 1.5ft^3. its gonna be mounted in the hutch right behind the seats.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Alpine's 8" and Tc souds epic 8" are nice drivers from what i've read on the forum.

·
Registered
97 Posts
There are alot of optins for you. I have an 08 C6 that I just completed putting a system in. I also used a 600/4 for the fronts.

I dont think that an 8W7 would be a good match with the 250/1.
Maybe if you had a 500/1 or 750/1

Even though it will be more efficient with a ported box, I personnaly think that the W7 will need a little more power.

If your strickly looking for SQ why not an Image Dynamics 8"
Maybe a Daydon Referance HF
Tang Band W8

There are alot of options out there....

I see your in Houston, I am in Kemah, so not to far from you. Let me know if you would like to see my set up for some ideas...

·
Registered
97 Posts
i want it to match the focal krx2.
What do you mean by match?

As far as blend well with the Focals?

With that 600/4 on the fronts and only 250/1 on the sub I dont know that anything will keep up with the highs.

As far as the sub sonicly blending in, I would think that is all a mater of tunning and the enclosure you use...

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
The 8w7 would be fine with that power. With the amount of space you have I'd go ported or even sealed 10w7. You have a hatch so output won't be a problem.

·
Registered
97 Posts
My Set Up:
ID-XS 6 X 9 componets in the front with a HD 600/4
2 TC Sounds Epic 10" Subs on 2 - HD 750/1s
Head Unit is Pioneer Stage 4 DEX-P99RS

Very simple strait forward set up. I think that it does well for SQ, but it will definatly get loud also. If you want to listen just send me an IM and we can set it up.

LionelC

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what about focal and hertz? i have a pair of 13w7 in my truck and had 10w7 so i know how the sound and i like them a lot.

·
Registered
97 Posts
VettNuts sells corner sub boxes for either cubby in the rear. They have them for 8" subs or 10' subs. They still allow the top to be stored also.

The 10" version is .65 cubic feet. I dont know how much air space is in the 8" version.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts