im in the process of peicing together the stuff for my 2005 GTO

so far i have a HU and amp chosen

Kenwood DNX5140

Cressendo 1000.4c
125w x4 channels at 4 ohms
250w x4 channels at 2 ohms
500w x2 bridged at 4 ohms
250w x2 bridged at 8 ohms

im going to have 2 8" subs in the back deck in a sealed box it should be around .5cuft of air for each sub

depth is of some concern because the gas tank is directly under the deck (i have about 5" to work with)

Ive been reading and searching to the point of madness lol
i want to stay under 100 for both subs if possible but if i gotta spend a little more ill deal with it as long as the difference is dramatic

what's everyone's opinion on the Dayton QT210-4 8" Quatro and the Apex Jr. Super 8?
there both $39 and from what ive seen both seem decent

if these suck gimme some recommendations please
im looking for a very clean, quick somewhat hard hit to compliment whatever componets i go with.

by the way i listen to mostly Punk, Speed metal, hard rock, anything FAST

any/all help is greatly apreciated
thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I have never heard the apex super Jr, but can say the people that use them swear by them at the price point. Most reviews say they are not a $40 sub by any means. Another to look at is the JBL gto. Not a $40 sub, but reviews are all good. I am looking at the super jr to do a multiple sub set up.

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
I'll have to check out that Apex sub!

I can second the recommendation for the JBL GTO804! Awesome little subs and top-mount depth is 4-3/8". A bit more money at $62 Shipped from Amazon.com. I'd also highly recommend the Polk Audio MM804. It's a little monster. it's even shallower at just a tad over 4" top-mount depth, but it's a bit more expensive, and also rated for marine use if you ever need that feature. I've used both of the above in Mini Coopers and the like and they are both awesome in about .35cf with some polyfill. Excellent for the type of music you like but they both dig really deep for being 8" subs.

I'd like to try the Tang-Bands as well...which model# were you guys refering to and do you have a link for the Apex Super Jr.'s?

Edit: found the web site for the Apex. Looks good but Xmax isn't very impressive compared to the Polk MM840 or even the JBL GTO. Note on the Polk MM840...get the 4-ohm SVC version if it will suit your application. I've tried the DVC version and couldn't get it to match my experience with the SVC one. I guess the T/S parameters are just that much different? IDK.

·
Registered
137 Posts
im in the process of peicing together the stuff for my 2005 GTO

so far i have a HU and amp chosen

Kenwood DNX5140

Cressendo 1000.4c
125w x4 channels at 4 ohms
250w x4 channels at 2 ohms
500w x2 bridged at 4 ohms
250w x2 bridged at 8 ohms

im going to have 2 8" subs in the back deck in a sealed box it should be around .5cuft of air for each sub

depth is of some concern because the gas tank is directly under the deck (i have about 5" to work with)

Ive been reading and searching to the point of madness lol
i want to stay under 100 for both subs if possible but if i gotta spend a little more ill deal with it as long as the difference is dramatic

what's everyone's opinion on the Dayton QT210-4 8" Quatro and the Apex Jr. Super 8?
there both $39 and from what ive seen both seem decent

if these suck gimme some recommendations please
im looking for a very clean, quick somewhat hard hit to compliment whatever componets i go with.

by the way i listen to mostly Punk, Speed metal, hard rock, anything FAST

any/all help is greatly apreciated
thanks,
Bill
i was tripping i totally forgot i have 4 of the T3 8's they would be killer and $40 each :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
Design

* 8”, 10” and 12” Subwoofers
* Black anodized 60oz. motor structure
* Durable pressed steel basket
* Conex spider suspension
* Heavy gauge tinsel leads
* Treated foam surround
* 1 Piece poly front cap with logos
* Single 4ohm voicecoil on 1.75” aluminum former
* Copper round wire coil 20mm height
* 200w RMS/ 400w Peak

Parameters
T.200-8s
Fs (Hz) 35
Qes 0.58
Qms 8.52
Qts 0.55
Vas (ft3) 0.64
Spl @ 1watt (dB) 85.45
X-max (Inches) 0.50
X-mechanical (inches) 1.00
Re (Ohms) 3.59
Pe (RMS Watts) 200
Piston Diam. (inches) 6.70
Sd ( in2) 36
BL 10
Le (mH) 1.72
Mms (grams) 65
Rms 1.93
Cms 240.4
Zmax (Ohms) 55.54
Specifications
T.200-8s
Total Weight (lbs) 6.5
Motor Weight (oz) 60
Mounting Depth 3.75"
Basket Depth 2.15"
Magnet Depth 1.60"
Cutout Diameter 7.10"
Overall Diameter 8.25"
Magnet Diameter 4.85"
Coil Diameter 1.75"
Displacement (ft3) 0.03
Enclosures
T.200-8s
Sealed (ft3) 0.5
Vented (ft3) 0.75
Vent Diameter 3"/ 8in2
Vent Length 11"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.