DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked through the manuals and can't seem to find an answer.
When hooking up the 80prs to a dsp, what set of preouts do I use on the headunit?

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have a 80 prs connected to a JBL MS-8. I just come out of the 2 front channels into channels 1 and 2 of the MS-8 and let it do the work. The 80 prs doesn't have any DSP or EQ settings set.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I don't know if your running any rear speakers, but you will lose the fader option if you only run one set of rca's.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Put the 80prs in network mode, and run all 6 RCAs to the DSP. This will allow you the most control. You can do the majority of the tuning with the DSP, but if you run it the way I suggest you can still make small adjustments using the 80prs, it will make it easier to mute speakers for tuning, and you can easily adjust levels to help. The only disadvantage is the cost, and effort of running 6 RCAs instead of 2.

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
Decently built cables like what you find at Knukonceptz.com are cheap enough in price and it really doesn't take that much more effort to run 6 channels vs 2 as long as you plan ahead. Just put the 80prs in standard mode and bypass all the crossovers.

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
I run the 80 in standard mode into a Helix DSP. Using both front and rear outputs from the deck, I use the fader to control inputs on the helix for sub control. In my other vehicle I run a kenwood double din with the front rca output into a helix with the urc.3 for sub & 2 preset control.

Man & Machine... Power Extreme!

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
These guys are voting for standard mode, but I'd put it in network mode to have easy access to mute individual speakers. I guess that comes down to what DSP you choose, and how easy it is to use from the driver's seat. Either way, I'd run all 6 RCAs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts