DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got another project car/DD & set the Type~T to the side.. I'd still like to a system that has good SQ & a healthy dose of SPL.. Currently I have a pair of ID CTX 6.5's & ID CD~1E horns.. I know the horns are going to be in the front stage, can I also use the 6.5's in the doors? As for the rear, I'd like to build something similar to the Speakerworks/USD GN with an IB in the trunk & midbass under the sail panels.. All input/ideas are welcome..

·
Premium Member
2,111 Posts
that's alot of work for the 12s in the side. what type of sound are you exactly lookin for? and which cd1e are they

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What I'm trying to achieve is good SQ & good SPL.. Im not looking to compete so chances are that the sub'll b on a toggle switch since I'm not a fan of loud music when riding alone.. Really want to use the same brand for all speakers so it'll b a toss up btwn Alpine, MTX & dB Bass..

BTW, the CD~1E's are the full size, 8ohm horns..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Getting those 6s in the doors will be a major chore and the end result (looks) will be questionable...there's just not alot of room there. I did do some diamond hex 6.5s in mine (very shallow 6.5s) and it was tough.

The horns will work good, maybe look at doing the 6.5s in the kicks?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It'll b easier to mount da 6.5's in da door on top of da Concert Sound pod than da kick panel.. Damn speaker has some serious magnet behind it.. Not trying to put new speaker in da kicks & have a size 12 Ft. Lewis stomper go thru it..

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Can we try this again in English ?
God damn I hate text typing gamer slang crap....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can we try this again in English ?
God damn I hate text typing gamer slang crap....
What don't you understand? It'll be easier for me to mount the CD-1E into the door becuase the magnet is too big for me to mount into a kick panel. Besides I wouldn't want 1 of my soldiers to put their size 12 boot thru it.. "We tracking?"

·
Registered
22 Posts
In the door, there is about 1" clearance with out the concert pods.
When I did 6.5s in the doors, I rebuilt the entire bottom so it didn't have the added on look...even then, the space was really tight.
I see if I can find some pics.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
K.. Here's a quick update.. I installed the ID horns last night.. Just kinda threw'em up there wit a few self tapping screws.. My bro had already hacked'em up when he was trying to add it to 1 of his cars so 1 side fit & the other needed trimming.. I love'em.. Now, I have to find a few more speakers to complete my front stage.. My friend suggested that I add a set of bullet horn tweeter to the front but I'm not trying to go deaf, just yet so I plan on putting a alarm siren n 1 pocket & a probably just vent the other for a PC..

As for subs, I have 2 JL W7 12's that are going in an IB within the next wk or so.. Still undecide as to what (if any) rear fill I'm going to use..

How do y'all feel about Alpine or Fosgate Prime's? I know they're better brand out there but since I work at a hole in the wall stereo shop, I wanna use brands that the customers recognize..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts