DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing a build in a 85' chevy caprice for a buddy from work, he's seen my stuff and liekd it and I'm doing a system for him, designing it form the ground up from his description and budget. just some parts i've looked at, not to set on amps, the deck is good, but I'm not sure about front speakers, he wants to go 3 way, and I wanna do some processing. he wants LOUD, clean, but very loud.

I was gonna throw in a set of jbl c608gti mkii's but apperently they;'ve been discontuned?!?!

here are some parts i've been looking at

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_30078_MB-Quart-Q1.1500D.html

DLS Reference 1073 3-Way Coaxial Car Speakers - Sonic Electronix

Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD Double DIN 5.8" DVD Receiver (AVHP2300DVD)

MB Quart Q4.150 (Q4150) Q-Series 4-Channel Car Amplifier

here are a set of speakers that I think would fit the bill, but a bit out of budget.

JL Audio Evolution C5 Series 6-1/2" 3-Way Component Speaker System

was thinking about this sub
Rockford Fosgate T1D215 (T1D2-15) 15" Dual 2 ohm Power T1 Subwoofer

he wanted 3 10's i told him a single 15" should do him fine, he listnes to allot of rap. i've honestly never heard any none stock RF's so idk how they build their subs really these days, they seem to be more SPL, that one feels like SPL, but i think it fits the bill, for both power and size.

not sure what to do about processing, i was thinking about maybe a 3sixty.2 or something simple, or maybe a DSP 2x8

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What not use the dls r6.3 They are awesome for the $$
RMS: 120 watts per set / 60 watts each side
I think i want more power than that

I also thought about doing maybe 2 NX2's since they do 120 rms, more than the Nx4 ;P in fact i have 2 nx2's sitting around, but them be mine. :\

·
Super Moderator
5,229 Posts
Might consider the W15Gti MKII or SSA XCON 15. Even the RF T2 can be had cheaper than the T1 with "make offer" at sonic.

Also, I would spend half as much on the 6x9's and add that $100 to the front speakers. Maybe Rainbow SLC.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Might consider the W15Gti MKII or SSA XCON 15. Even the RF T2 can be had cheaper than the T1 with "make offer" at sonic.

Also, I would spend half as much on the 6x9's and add that $100 to the front speakers. Maybe Rainbow SLC.
hmm. yeah i was gonna go with the JBL at first but the ohm rating is just not goinna work with a cheaper amp, id be more confident with a higher quality amp. although from what im reading these MB quarts aint to shaby.

he's being pretty nogotiable on the budget. i've got some great ideas, i think im run some massive audio 15"s that i "made an offer on" and they go as low as 132$, with the same amps, deck, with the JL audio C5-653

JL Audio Evolution C5 Series 6-1/2" 3-Way Component Speaker System

Massive Audio REBEL 15 (R15) 15" Dual 4 ohm Rebel Car Subwoofer

putting the parts budget at 1700$ but i really like what ive put together, and i think he might even be looking for some real SQ so i might run an MS-8 and break just over 2k, but with me doing install his costs wont be much more anyways, ya know except a few cases of beer :laugh:

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Man post some pics of the car, I love cars from the 80's. My fav's are the Grand National's and the 78-84 Monte Carlo's

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Man post some pics of the car, I love cars from the 80's. My fav's are the Grand National's and the 78-84 Monte Carlo's
:laugh:i drive a 04' monte carlo.

i havnt seen the car yet, but suposedly it has 4x8's on the dash and 6x9's all around. interested to see how this will turn out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts