DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how to switch my 880prs into active mode or "network mode"?

I dont have a users manual and the one on pioneer's website is for the 800prs which has a switch on the side of the unit...my 880 doesn't have this switch.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
From what I can remember, it's in a spot where it needs to be out of the mounting cage to make it visable.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well i got to the switch and flipped it...but in the audio menu, it still seems to be in standard mode (options are still for front/rear, not high/mid/low etc). Are there any other things I need to do to get it so I can tune active? Or is my unit just a faulty one?

EDIT: nvm, i just had to reset it. (DUH!) :p

Let the tuning commence!

·
Registered
751 Posts
Sounds strange that you switched it and nothing happend from (front/back) to (high/mid/low)... You may need to push the little pinhole in the front to "reset the HU".

·
Registered
751 Posts
Let the tuning commence!
I'm in the tuning phase as well... Just really got there last weekend... Funny how the 880 is 2 years old now:eek:, and I'm just starting to tune with it!
I'm starting to find that my best EQ setting is FLAT now... This is good, NO?
I did TA with a measuring tape. I'm also becoming more critical of the recorded source... Stuff that didn't sound so good before sounds good/ and vice versa... Does this mean I'm getting somewhere? :surprised:

Is it time to actually burn those Focal CD's?

·
Registered
8,958 Posts
I'm in the tuning phase as well... Just really got there last weekend... Funny how the 880 is 2 years old now:eek:, and I'm just starting to tune with it!
I'm starting to find that my best EQ setting is FLAT now... This is good, NO?
I did TA with a measuring tape. I'm also becoming more critical of the recorded source... Stuff that didn't sound so good before sounds good/ and vice versa... Does this mean I'm getting somewhere? :surprised:

Is it time to actually burn those Focal CD's?
I have been going back and forth with my TA for a year now. I always run the auto TA, and compare it to what I actually measure. My measurements and the auto measurements are always off. I think the mic picks up reflections and factors that in, but I think I prefer mine set according to my actual measurements.

Back on topic: Yes you need to reset the unit after flipping the switch.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yup i pressed the pinhole to reset it and its now in network mode. Already started tweaking with the TA and EQ. It already sounds far better than the passive component set I had previously installed, but I know this tweaking is going to be endless. It seems impossible to find a *perfect* medium. :)

·
Registered
684 Posts
Yup i pressed the pinhole to reset it and its now in network mode. Already started tweaking with the TA and EQ. It already sounds far better than the passive component set I had previously installed, but I know this tweaking is going to be endless. It seems impossible to find a *perfect* medium. :)
The Truth. It's endless. Get used to it. :p

·
Registered
1,245 Posts

Work your EQ and x-over first, then use T/A to get that last little bit of adjustment.

Since the Pio has the independent L and R EQ, burn a CD that has a sine wave of each frequency, probably don't need anything that your subs are playing, and adjust the bands until you get a decent center image of each frequency.

See what that does, then do a bit of T/A to finish it off.

I do miss the nice EQ that the 880 has, compared to the whimpy EQ on the 9887, and the independent phase controls on the 880 as well, but I definitely do not miss having to dig through a menu for pause, mute and sub level adjustments.

Regardless of that, it really is a nice HU.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts