DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OEM headunit integration, so I'd prefer not needing to use LOCs. Looking for 8 channels + a processed output for the sub. Setup will be AF GS 3-way active up front, rear fill, and smaller sub. I'm currently happy with the GS690s and GS10s running off a 50w rms-per-channel amp, so I know I don't need a lot of power.

I'm seeing the Audiotec-Fischer Match PP 86DSP and the Match Up 10DSP.

The Match Up 10 last one having more channels than I need, but might be better since channels 9 and 10 put out 90rms. Would be great for the midbass but since they are noted as being subwoofer channels, I don't know if their x-overs are limited too low.

Are their any other options I'm missing?

· Registered
664 Posts
The PS8-50 is only 8 channels unfortunately. The RCAs are the same as channels 7 & 8. You could use one of their Arc series amplifiers for the extra channel; you can "bolt in" a PS8 DSP module and the software allows multiple devices to be programmed in one session.

· Registered
258 Posts
I can vouch for my Sennuopu hifi-x12 for $475 shipped to your door. 10 channel DSP w/ 6x75 of A/B amplification plus 2x125 of class D which is bridgeable.
Yes it is a Chinese knockoff brand but the proof is in the pudding. Running a 3 way active system with active sub and sounds awesome to say the least with a rough tune.

Attachments

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the recommendations everyone. Didn't know about a few of these.

Nothing better than the Helix V Eight Mk2 for this situation.
After some research I'm between this and the Audison AP F8.9. Audison has a bit more power, cheaper, and easier to get my hands on, but everyone keeps saying the Helix has better software. Is it simply a more user friendly interface, or do you feel the Helix is that much better overall to justify the extra cost? This will be the end build for this vehicle, so I don't see myself constantly tinkering with the system once it's set up if that matters.

· Banned
24,246 Posts
Thanks for the recommendations everyone. Didn't know about a few of these.

After some research I'm between this and the Audison AP F8.9. Audison has a bit more power, cheaper, and easier to get my hands on, but everyone keeps saying the Helix has better software. Is it simply a more user friendly interface, or do you feel the Helix is that much better overall to justify the extra cost? This will be the end build for this vehicle, so I don't see myself constantly tinkering with the system once it's set up if that matters.
The helix is easy to get (pm me if you don't have a local dealer and I can set you up). The software is much more flexible, intuitive, there's more features, new updates all the time, etc. Just do some searching on "audison software" and it'll probably just redirect you to the national suicide hotline lol.

· Registered
04 Cadillac CTS- Helix V8- RF Type RFX7-AF GB10/25/60- Kicker CompVR 10”
98 Posts
I’ve never used a dsp and was in the same situation, needing 9 channels. Audison almost won me over due to bridge capability. But like @SkizeR said, once you start digging, audison software just can’t compare. Then there’s the special RTA that only dealers really have unless you have Fu money to burn to purchase one.
I was able to learn the basics of the helix software in about 20 minutes setting xovers/gains and was able to get everything sounding good after about an hour of ear tuning. Also the conductor is amazing, by far the most innovative dsp remote out there that can integrate with just about any interior.
Another thing I should add that swayed me to helix was the USB hec for playing directly to dsp from my iPhone for best source possible. There’s of course many ways to input your phone into several dsp’s out there like using a topping d10s, but the usb hec is the least cluttered route, which was my goal.
Best of luck with your final decision!

· Super Moderator
2021 GMC Sierra AT4
1,097 Posts
Just got the V8 in my build. Will be running 8 speaker channels and both line outs to my subs. It’s a powerhouse of an audio tool packed in a TINY footprint for what it offers. You won’t regret buying it.

I had power concerns only running 75 watts to GB60s, they get louder than I can listen to comfortably. The V8 is a sleeper when it comes to output. All the other tools and flexibility it comes with make it a great value, in my opinion.

· Super Moderator
2,623 Posts
I originally wanted a V8, but it was during COVID and my Installation Shop could not find one or the Helix Mono Amp either, I think the US warehouse was out of them due to supply chain issues (not sure, but that was what I recall being told), so I opt'd for the Audison APF8.9, now I did not do the tuning, but did sit in the drivers seat while "the guy" tuned everything. It sounds great and since I have no plans to monkey around with the settings, the "more better" Helix software means nothing to me, once it's set----it's set..!

Fast forward to now, running the Thesis 3-way speakers, I am super happy I did not get a V8 as I would not be able to bridge 2-channels together to pump 260w to my Sax woofers, I would have had to add a third Amp or something.

So while it seems like to popular thing to pile how Audison sucks, I'm pretty sure my Thesis speakers would not sound much (if any) different with a V8, well except for having the woofers being under-driven...

· Banned
24,246 Posts
I originally wanted a V8, but it was during COVID and my Installation Shop could not find one or the Helix Mono Amp either, I think the US warehouse was out of them due to supply chain issues (not sure, but that was what I recall being told),
Someone here is lying. The longest I have seen a V8 be out of stock was actually right this second. 3 weeks. During covid there wasn't once a shortage outside of one time when I called up for one and they said "we just ran out of stock yesterday. New shipment gets here in a week". They wanted to sell you something different.

· Super Moderator
2,623 Posts
Someone here is lying. The longest I have seen a V8 be out of stock was actually right this second. 3 weeks. During covid there wasn't once a shortage outside of one time when I called up for one and they said "we just ran out of stock yesterday. New shipment gets here in a week". They wanted to sell you something different.
That could be, as I was not on the phone with the Arizona headquarters, it was about 10 months ago or so.. Lemme ask you this, do you also sell Audison/Thesis gear?

· Banned
24,246 Posts
That could be, as I was not on the phone with the Arizona headquarters, it was about 10 months ago or so.. Lemme ask you this, do you also sell Audison/Thesis gear?
I used to, and my partner used to before we merged. Why?

· Super Moderator
2,623 Posts
I used to. Why?
Just wondering why you bad mouth them, like the AF's, I get it now...

Like when you go to a Toyota dealer and they bad mouth Honda or visa versa, it's just good business...!

• Haha
Reactions: SkizeR
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.