DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
Search for info on PDX. While their sounds is OK, the sub channels (or sub amps in general) are way OVERrated. Either that or the response curve drops off at like 40hz. In systems we've done -- *with ALL other things being equal* the JL amps sound a million times better, and they're sub channels actually have some *oomph*.

When I say *all other things being equal*, I mean customer wasn't happy w/ PDX and we swapped it for a JL (4 channels and sub, but still) it sounded better
BY FAR.

I've seen some problems w/ HD750/1's, but the 600/4 is amazing. I'd like to run one of each, but I'm waiting to see what happens with the 750/1.

Jay

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
unless you simply can't fit a larger amp/amps, I can't see paying $1000 for that amp.
Well think about it this way. In most cases you'll need to pay for two amps anyway for a two way active front stage and a sub. I think there are a lot of you who have nearly $1000 worth of amps in your car. In this case though, it's the size of a book! :D

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
While I agree that the quality of this amp will most definitely be higher than the Alpine PDX, the price is a bit high for the wattage you are getting.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Eventually, the product should get cheaper, right? At least I'm hoping that's the case so I can pick one up to place under my seat to replace 2 heavy amps in my trunk.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
i'd rather have ARC any day over JL. And I paid $900 before tax. so i paid less money and got a better name.

actually , my Arc 125.4 is rated 75Wrms x 4 and ARC 500.1 is 500Wrms x 1.. same. so you were saying?

put that in your pipe and give it to me.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
LOL. Struck a nerve, did we?

i'd rather have ARC any day over JL. And I paid $900 before tax. so i paid less money and got a better name.
OK, so the prices are obviously quite comparable, if not favoring the JL, if we compare MSRP to MSRP, and street price to street price. I'm glad you are happy with the name on your amplifier ("better name" obviously being 100% subjective), but that wasn't the question.

actually , my Arc 125.4 is rated 75Wrms x 4 and ARC 500.1 is 500Wrms x 1.. same. so you were saying?
I believe I said the JL makes more power (100x4 + 500x1 into 4ohms @ 12 volts).

put that in your pipe and give it to me.
Alright, dude, will do. Maybe lighten up, a little.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I believe I said the JL makes more power (100x4 + 500x1 into 4ohms @ 12 volts).
what specs are you reading? cuz the specs in the link in this thread are:

5-channel Class-D System Amplifier. 75W x 4 @ 1.5-4 ohms (Main Channels) 500W x 1 @ 1.5-4 ohms (Subwoofer Channel)

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
what specs are you reading? cuz the specs in the link in this thread are:

5-channel Class-D System Amplifier. 75W x 4 @ 1.5-4 ohms (Main Channels) 500W x 1 @ 1.5-4 ohms (Subwoofer Channel)
I noticed that too...Odd, since those are the apparently the correct specs, but the total is only 800. I assumed that it was 100 x 4 + 500 x 1 as well, until I saw this.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.